Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like something happened to the original thread and I have the site owners looking into it. I messaged them last Friday and just got a response late Sunday afternoon.

In the meantime we'll have to use this and if the original can be found or recovered they can be merged.

I would ask this time that it not be another meme thread which isn't to say none but it had turned into a bit FB landing zone for memes.

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just sitting here, icing my knee, watching the snow fall and thinking;

It’s easier to recover from knee surgery during a snow storm, because I’m not bummed that I can’t take advantage of riding weather.
View attachment 44108
Just make sure you keep that white stuff all to yourself :D

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Delta was spot on and the first to respond to steal away United business.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Parallel

Reactions: fpl1 and Dos_Ruedas

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Airline fees are like taxes; once their implemented, you’ll never see them go away. I don’t know what Delta charges to transport a bike but I doubt that it’s much cheaper than United’s.
Generally probably not but when they have a chance to shine in the social media format if only for a brief moment they'll beat them I'm sure.

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Warning!!!

This made a terrible thud...felt so bad.
Bird Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's good to be small town country.
Tableware Food Staple food Recipe Plate
Jeans Furniture Chair Lighting Table

Reactions: fpl1

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shoot yeah!!
Good food and maybe a selection of beer and I’d stay until the music ended our money ran out.
We went to Charlottesville last weekend and had dinner...NEVER again will I go there AND I'd be VERY worried if I had any kids that went to school there.

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After 2 straight says of tore torrential rain, we definitely do not need this! I had to stop and clear a road last night from tree falls.
30 mph winds with gusts at 60 plus... gonna be a long day at work.
Water Ecoregion Map Organism Rectangle

Reactions: John_V

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This is actually pretty cleared up compared to when I came in this morning, wee bit more work to do.
Organism Font Aqua Art Circle

Reactions: John_V

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
I'm a whopped :D I H A T E on call weeks. This one didn't start to bad but by Friday night...it was all over. My first outage was some rear easement aerial ( the worst possible combination you could get ). I had 4 spans laying on the ground, a broken pole and and yea, not only was it rear easement aerial it was down in a M^%$ F*&^ ravine so at 2:30 in the morning I'm trying navigate, see and repair all this BS.
This is the broken pole and you can see the "bell steps" used to get up it.
Water Street light Road surface Plant Grass

Tree that fell and snapped the pole, you can see Verizons splice case under the tree.
Branch Wood Twig Plant Street light

This is the pole before the tree fall, it moved that pole a good 6" + inches. Hard to tell in the picture the actual gab
Brown Wood Branch Trunk Twig

Had to go back Saturday afternoon to make all the temporary repairs. Like any photo of a hill you can't get the feel of the steepness of this ravine. I walked to the end where you can see some homes here and the cable all looped up. It was a mess
Plant Plant community Natural landscape Tree Twig

It just went down hill after that( no pun intended ). Think I had 26 hour of OT in the past 2.5 days...I'm done and still have until Wednesday morning to go....

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Sky Plant Plant community Natural landscape Wood
Tire Sky Plant Plant community Vehicle
Sky Plant community Plant Natural landscape Wood
Can’t like that post
I no more than finished Stage 7 of TDZ this morning and got paged with another outage. Got on site and guess what? Another tree down, another broken pole and more splicing on my part. Easy work really and the timing worked out well. Able to finish my ride, it was during the day AND it wasn't raining- that's a BIG one for us :D

Reactions: maelochs

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
You get paid OT right?!
I’m thinking bike parts!!
Oh I got OT. Just got i from last night. Working on 22 hours of OT since Friday night...I'm whooped and that money don't mean sh!t to me.MY TIME is worth WAY more.... :D

Reactions: John_V and fpl1

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
All that extra money is a nice thing to have. However, if you don’t have the time to enjoy it, it’s practically useless unless you put it aside for when you have time to spend it; like retirement.
It's a nice added bump to the 401k for sure :D

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas and fpl1

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
^ Might be??? lol

Reactions: fpl1

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Super excited to have this special guest for the weekend while Moma and Dada celebrate a long Valentines weekend. She wants to sit next to Papa, makes my day!

Furniture Hairstyle Comfort Human body Outdoor furniture

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
It's 500 time and while I'm not a huge Bubba Wallace fan this is the coolest paint scheme on any ncar out there this year! Love the Warthog nose art!
Vehicle Tire Car Hood Toy

Reactions: fpl1 and MilesR

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Sheeezzzz, I only had one beer last night, how bad can it be? Maybe it's the hair:D
Water Product Font Summer Grass

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas and fpl1
1 - 20 of 219 Posts