Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Maturity Challenged
1,166 Posts
Rola, it could be worse. It costs that much to put a new set of tires on my car every year and it holds 10.5 quarts of synthetic oil.

I just look at it as "first world problems." Ha. You can't take that money with you when you croak. Might as well spend it all on things you enjoy.

Reactions: rola643 and John_V

·
Maturity Challenged
1,166 Posts
Just thinking I should ride the fat tire bike this morning while the temperature is 5-degrees, wind is 30-mph (minus 23-degree wind chill) and there is only an inch of snow on the ground.

...because the weather is getting ready to turn bad the next few days.

·
Maturity Challenged
1,166 Posts
Yesterday I made a good decision about riding.
Temp minus-6, wind 15-30 mph, snow 6-inches (still snowing) with 2' drifts.

I don't mind the cold, but that wind has a "bite" to it.

Our herd of Great Danes don't want to go outside to do their business. They don't mind playing in the snow, but they want me to walk with them to go potty.

I love my 'winter' Muck boots. Good traction, pliable and my feet stay warm and dry. Best boots ever! I wonder if Muck makes riding shoes?

·
Maturity Challenged
1,166 Posts
Too cold for anything to be outside. Minus-13 degrees now, but the wind is calm so that means we don't have the minus-33 degree wind chill like earlier this morning.

The good news is this cold will probably kill off the fleas, ticks and other little critters and pests.

Edit*** The Great Danes all got to stay in the house last night. Their dog room that is built onto the house was 52* even though it has a special backup heat/air system in addition to the regular house heat/air.

·
Maturity Challenged
1,166 Posts
In your picture, is the right gaff in the correct spot or should it be a tick further outside?

·
Maturity Challenged
1,166 Posts
When I could have sugar my choice was golden brown.

Reactions: rola643

·
Maturity Challenged
1,166 Posts
^^^ Steel toed "lineman" boots. I bought a pair of those in the '60s for motorcycle racing. It took five minutes to lace them up.

·
Maturity Challenged
1,166 Posts
Not me, but I know some that did. Actual payout was limited to $37.10 to $1 @ Churchill Downs.
Rich Strike - Wikipedia

1 - 9 of 9 Posts