Two Spoke Forums banner

261 - 280 of 497 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Getting ready to re seal the end of the dock. Phase one, pressure wash and clean.
IMG_6022.jpg

IMG_6021.jpg

Reactions: John_V

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Reactions: kneedrachen

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Here I sit on what should be a sweet easy job for low light but it’s turned into another cluster #^^+%
My customer should be on child 2 port 17 but guess what? We had to pull each child and see which one they are one and then pull each fiber to find out which of the 32 ports of the children so we can START to troubleshoot the low light problem. Contractors screwed us again.
IMG_1631.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Gotta love Baltimore. Fist fight in the lobby, kids on Monument St whipping a guy on a bicycle with a rooftop TV antenna.

Saw some coworkers, saw a guy high as a kite walk in to their work vehicle and left before paperwork was started.

Got a copy of the disc, now the 4 day wait for the report.

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
I was thinking, how?

Well, never smoked, but work in a firehouse.

Over the age of 35.

And it is in the upper lobe, which from what I understand, prognosis is a bit more sinister than anywhere in the lung.

So, on the horn with Hopkins, U Penn and U of MD tomorrow.

After I go for a morning ride.
You got this Knee - keep us posted.

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #268

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Specialized announced the release of the new Tarmac SL7 today They are not making the venge anymore. Basically they have brought the Tarmac to market to double as their climbing all around bike and their aero bike. I wonder if others will follow suit. I’m on my 3rd Tarmac. Absolutely love them.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/tarmac
Got an email from Contes about that today. Hmmm.

Reactions: fpl1 and John_V

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
9.8 w/kg sustained is BS! If it was a sprint point, ok :D Personally 7 or 8 in a sprintwould max me out. I did follow a guy on a mtb, obviously in Zwift, pushing 4.5 for as long as I could follow and see him on the screen. That's an intense push for me that I couldn't sustain long....but I am old and grey :D

Reactions: fpl1 and Dos_Ruedas

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
I’m sitting here thinking, whatever will i do with my time, as i take a Dr. ordered break from cycling....or any strenuous activity for several weeks.

For this years family adventure, we had purchased flights to save on drive time. Then along cane CV19 & i wasn’t comfortable hitting the airports or being side by side with who knows what.
Sooo, we drove. A LOT!! ..... and I’m paying for it.

After the 8th day of travel and the 5th day of increasing calf pain, i visited the ER in Rapid City, SD. Their tests confirmed what i was afraid of.
DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) or in English. A blood clot.
Likely formed because i sat for hours & hours with almost no activity for the first two days of our trip.

Now it’s blood thinners, additional testing and no cycling until this thing dissolves & they’re more certain it’s caused by our trip and not a new feature of my troubled body.

Epiphany!!!
I know what I’ll do, I’ll shop for cycling stuff!!!!

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Never had figs before they had been dried out. We ate some straight of off our neighbors tree, she gave them to us :)) and then it was suggested we try them grilled. Even better and sweeter that way!!
IMG_1829.jpg

After a little time on the grill
IMG_1830.jpg

·
1,809 Posts
I’m sitting here thinking, whatever will i do with my time, as i take a Dr. ordered break from cycling....or any strenuous activity for several weeks.

For this years family adventure, we had purchased flights to save on drive time. Then along cane CV19 & i wasn’t comfortable hitting the airports or being side by side with who knows what.
Sooo, we drove. A LOT!! ..... and I’m paying for it.

After the 8th day of travel and the 5th day of increasing calf pain, i visited the ER in Rapid City, SD. Their tests confirmed what i was afraid of.
DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) or in English. A blood clot.
Likely formed because i sat for hours & hours with almost no activity for the first two days of our trip.

Now it’s blood thinners, additional testing and no cycling until this thing dissolves & they’re more certain it’s caused by our trip and not a new feature of my troubled body.

Epiphany!!!
I know what I’ll do, I’ll shop for cycling stuff!!!!
I had an unprovoked Dvt in December. The clot dissolves quickly. I was on the trainer the day after the ER. I rode super easy for a month before ramping it up. No lung issues. I’m on Eliquis indefinitely, or more precisely until my bleeding risk from the medication outweighs the risk of a recurrent dvt. If your clot was provoked you may only need anticoagulation for 3-6 months.
https://www.uptodate.com/contents/r...ation-in-patients-with-venous-thromboembolism

261 - 280 of 497 Posts