Two Spoke Forums banner

281 - 300 of 497 Posts

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
I go for additional testing to rule out unprovoked, later this week.

I'm hoping for 3-6 month's blood thinner and done with it.
For now, Drs have said not to ride. Give meds time to work. I'll trust them and wait it out. Hopefully only a few more days or weeks and not months.
I'm glad you did alright with yours!!!!

·
1,809 Posts
^Hope your meds are temporary. I wear a Road ID identifying the Eliquis so EMTs will know which ER to take me to. The reversal agent for Eliquis is pretty new and it’s not everywhere. It’s also about 24K per dose so there goes my deductible in one fell swoop if I ever need it. You may want to consider a Road ID, even if temporary. Your medical info on the website version is free for 6 months and then 10 bucks a year thereafter.

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
I go for additional testing to rule out unprovoked, later this week.

I'm hoping for 3-6 month's blood thinner and done with it.
For now, Drs have said not to ride. Give meds time to work. I'll trust them and wait it out. Hopefully only a few more days or weeks and not months.
I'm glad you did alright with yours!!!!
Man, it's just crazy to me to hear about things like this especially in fit human beings. I know knowing about this kind of thing other than what what you tell us. I'm hoping and praying for a speedy recovery

^Hope your meds are temporary. I wear a Road ID identifying the Eliquis so EMTs will know which ER to take me to. The reversal agent for Eliquis is pretty new and it’s not everywhere. It’s also about 24K per dose so there goes my deductible in one fell swoop if I ever need it. You may want to consider a Road ID, even if temporary. Your medical info on the website version is free for 6 months and then 10 bucks a year thereafter.
That's INSANE!!! Funny, I looked up the cost per dose of Eliquis and they are more than happy to put that out but unless I'm a Healthcare Professional...I'm not getting the cost per dose of andexanet

·
1,809 Posts
Man, it's just crazy to me to hear about things like this especially in fit human beings. I know knowing about this kind of thing other than what what you tell us. I'm hoping and praying for a speedy recovery

That's INSANE!!! Funny, I looked up the cost per dose of Eliquis and they are more than happy to put that out but unless I'm a Healthcare Professional...I'm not getting the cost per dose of andexanet
I think Eliquis retails for about 800/month. My health insurance cost for the drug is 278/month until I satisfy an annual 3400 deductible, and then it's 50/month. The good news is that Eliquis gives a coupon to anyone whose out of pocket for the drug is at least 50/month. The coupon brings the cost down to 10/month, is good for 2 years, and is renewable thereafter.

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
I think Eliquis retails for about 800/month. My health insurance cost for the drug is 278/month .....
My wife is on Xeralto for her AFib. I think she pays around the same. She's been holding off on taking anti-coagulants but her cardiologist finally convinced her to go on them about 6 months ago. I won't even go into the cost of my leukemia med.

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #291

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
IMG_7000.JPG
IMG_7256.JPG
Headed to a job today and saw this. Somebody had a bad day. Guessing this fell of off some tourists car on the way to the beach if I had to guess.

Reactions: John_V

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
I was really just thinking what an absolutely beautiful evening.
IMG_1889.jpg

Merica!
IMG_1887.jpg

·
Mom's Taxi
4,491 Posts
I was just thinking it is strange what some people will save. I was going through a small storage box today and found my mother's WWII ration books. There were also a bunch of old letters from people I have never heard of to people I have never heard of. One of the letters has a date written of 1851. Whether it is from them is a pure guess. Most of the letters were written in the 1880's. Sure wish Mom had told me about the letter, and who should get them.

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
We had a nasty storm blow through last week, a fast moving Isaias, that we had one pine come down from. I was working a job in an area that a tornado went through as a spawn of this storm, TOTAL destruction.

The pictures I got really do the damage no justice. It took almost a week just to be able to get in there and work.

The Ford pickup and the tree was driven out from under it before I left the job site, CRAZY ! :D
IMG_1898.jpg
IMG_2238.JPG
IMG_5106.JPG
IMG_5289 2.JPG
IMG_5289 2.JPG
IMG_8792.JPG
IMG_9873 2.JPG

Reactions: fpl1 and John_V
281 - 300 of 497 Posts