Two Spoke Forums banner

481 - 500 of 541 Posts

·
Mom's Taxi
4,638 Posts
My friend in Coos Bay, Oregon says 3.05" of rain in a week brings out the talk of water rationing. 54" of rain would be 4 good years here.

·
Mom's Taxi
4,638 Posts
I took the sports car out for a keep the battery charged drive. I drove by a few of the parking areas for the local mtb trails that are open. With all of the parked vehicle I saw I would guess the trails were like LA rush hour traffic.

·
Two skinny J's
21,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 ·
cpld.jpg

·
tall old member
1,316 Posts
I’m thinking when this long ordeal with my wife is over I’m going see if I can still ride. If I can get my mileage back where it was I’m going to reward myself with a new bike. Top of my list right now is a Lynsky titanium gravel bike with moderate tires set up for touring. There is nothing wrong with my Trek 520 but I haven’t bought a new bike for myself in ten years.

·
Maturity Challenged
1,141 Posts
Just thinking I should ride the fat tire bike this morning while the temperature is 5-degrees, wind is 30-mph (minus 23-degree wind chill) and there is only an inch of snow on the ground.

...because the weather is getting ready to turn bad the next few days.

·
Maturity Challenged
1,141 Posts
Yesterday I made a good decision about riding.
Temp minus-6, wind 15-30 mph, snow 6-inches (still snowing) with 2' drifts.

I don't mind the cold, but that wind has a "bite" to it.

Our herd of Great Danes don't want to go outside to do their business. They don't mind playing in the snow, but they want me to walk with them to go potty.

I love my 'winter' Muck boots. Good traction, pliable and my feet stay warm and dry. Best boots ever! I wonder if Muck makes riding shoes?

·
Maturity Challenged
1,141 Posts
Too cold for anything to be outside. Minus-13 degrees now, but the wind is calm so that means we don't have the minus-33 degree wind chill like earlier this morning.

The good news is this cold will probably kill off the fleas, ticks and other little critters and pests.

Edit*** The Great Danes all got to stay in the house last night. Their dog room that is built onto the house was 52* even though it has a special backup heat/air system in addition to the regular house heat/air.

·
Two skinny J's
21,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 ·

481 - 500 of 541 Posts