Two Spoke Forums banner

501 - 520 of 528 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #501 ·
I was thinking this is some sh!t The ( albeit grey) GOAT award for Virginia :)

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #503 ·
Reactions: fpl1 and John_V

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #506 ·
Reactions: fpl1

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #509 ·
If gas prices get much higher I will need to refinance the house to buy a tank full.
Better tighten your chin strap, I believe you aint seen nut'n yet :D

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #510 ·

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 ·
We have a recognition program at work called Amplifi. Not sure if it's a company brand thing or just something we use. Anyway, I'm on call and my phone goes off at 0430 to remind to congratulate a co-worker for reaching his 20 year milestone and while I'm happy for him, kinda pissed me off that I got notified of that fact @ 0430 when I have to have a phone on and beside me :D

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,902 Posts
I was just thinking........I don't like it when LBS's act like car repair shops.......took the Stache7 to have new tires, rim strips & sealant and also install the fork upgrade parts I have. I expected it to be $200+ and they sent me txt about some $310 stuff. So I called them and they said the chain was worn and will start wearing the cogs and chainwheel blah blah blah...told them I would address that, just do fork and tires please. $75 for an 11 spd chain? I scored a SRAM PC-1130 for $24, dang $50 to install a chain? Crazy. Then it went back to 252. They said my gear cable housing was pinched by headset affecting shifting - not my experience, no shifting issues, leave it alone. That was gonna be $27 plus 8 for the housing....So now we are back to about $220 like I expected and discussed. Told them not to do anything with brakes because I have bleed kit and dot 5.1 fluid and if it needs pads I will get some. GEEZ, I took it in for specific service and not a full restore back to showroom condition. I feel bad for folks who don't or can't work on their own bikes. Knowledge and skills are power and a huge money saver. I understand alerting people to potential problems and suggestive sales but c'mon, this shop knows I have 20 bikes and do most of all my own servicing and builds. Can't even feel good about what business I do take there with that kind of tomfoolery. And rim strips are on order and a 50 bike queue. Maybe I'll get my bike back within a month? caca.....................don't wanna think about it

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #515 ·
Bought a box of Bottle Caps candy the other day. They were ok but I remember them being MUCH better many, many years ago. I wonder if being stoned would have any affect on taste ? :D I asked my spousal unit and I just got a big eye roll :D Guess I'll never know now :(

Reactions: maelochs

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #516 ·
Pretty happy today. FINALLY got my citation from the fine state of North Carolina :D Hooked a BEAUTIFUL marlin last summer when we were out yellow fin tuna fishing :d

That was a true battle, aint gonna lie, my back was hurting from trying to pull this guy in!

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,902 Posts
Super cool...I have the mounted bill from one my grandfather caught on vacation in hawaii from around 1968. Also a newspaper clipping of him with it hanging at the dock.

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #520 ·
Only a few will get this, I should post it in another thread actually :D

501 - 520 of 528 Posts