Two Spoke Forums banner
521 - 540 of 565 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #521 ·
It's a beautiful morning for octopus hunting :)

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #522 ·
It's a perfect morning

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #523 ·
We has an amazingly awesome weekend with these two AND we get them ALL weekended next weekend. Mom and Dad are taking a "birthday" break :D

both.jpeg

She was seriously focused on something, pretty sure it was the iPad
intense.jpeg

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #525 ·
Grandkids in a grand setting. Nice. Speaking of, My Octopus Teacher on Neflix is really good.
I'll have to show her and see what she REALLY thinks of an octopus :D At this point she loves nature, crabs, fish, birds, ducks and geese. She doesn't miss a thing.

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
Kids are awesome. It warms the heart seeing them with you and your Bride.

Optapuss. love it

Sadly my youngest just turned 18 and graduates high school this year.

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #527 ·
Kids are awesome. It warms the heart seeing them with you and your Bride.

Optapuss. love it

Sadly my youngest just turned 18 and graduates high school this year.
As always you're to kind. We we absolutely love our time with them.

It's kind of funny, that time between kids flying from the nest to grandkids is pretty nice to be honest. It took and still takes some readjusting to having the little one run around wide open all the time and being complexity dependent on you for everything. You, or at least I, forget how much time it actaully takes. My hat is off to those young parents that can find time to ride a bike regularly and who have a spouse willing to put up with being gone for hours at a time several times a week :D

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #528 ·
Wow, glad to be back home. Glad I could go help with my grand kids but I have forgotten much time and work they are when it's more than just a weekend visit :D I wouldn't trade the time for anything in the world tho.

Walked them to and from school and daycare each morning and afternoon. Glad my daughter walks them rather than busing them!

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #529 ·
Man....I'll be glad when this process is completed. Tired of the sanding dust and inconvenience of not even being able to find a breakfast bowl :D

Cabinets are mostly built now, waiting on the doors to be built and frosted glass for the top cabinets. Crown moldong was installed today. Counter tops have been measured and ordered, back splash material has been procured, new wiring pulled for under cabinet lighting, power pulled into the tall cabinet for a "hidden" microwave. And...I broom closet and storage on the end of that.

Face frames and such are being built out of a combo of some red and white oak, good solid wood for sure!

We still need to find a range hood this weekend, oh joy :D

·
tall old member
1,333 Posts
The grandkids have been riding every day since I got their bikes ready. My son needs to find their helmets, they got lost in the move. He thinks they are in a tote in his father in law’s garage.
My new bike is supposed to ship today. #excited #lovethatnewbikesmell

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #539 ·
After spending almost a week up in Northern Virginia just south of DC....I know where I belong and IT IS NOT UP THERE. I'll do anything for family and smile the entire time but I'm SOOOOO glad to be home and can't wait to see my granddaughters again which as luck would have it will be this weekend for a 3 year olds birthday party :D

Glad to be home,

vs this ^^^^ that wins hands down EVERY time :D

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
Amen!!!

I will do almost anything to avoid sitting in traffic like that..... including driving an hour out of my way, stopping for the night or..... and I jest not......, shopping with my wife and hope traffic is gone when we emerge from the shops.

521 - 540 of 565 Posts