Two Spoke Forums banner
541 - 560 of 606 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #542 ·
We are sooooooo close to getting our little kitchen finished. All the cabinets have been built, all the new doors have been made, glass installed in the top, countertops installed and finally today they came and put the backslash up and retuning tomorrow for grouting.

We have a, by standards, a pretty small kitchen so we tried to purty it up a bit and take advantage of some great storage!

The last thing to be done will be the under cabinet lighting. Electrician has pulled in all the new wiring and has been waiting for the back splash to be done. I had to take a day of PTO for this With the cost of copper sky rocketing..I'm skeeerd of his bill :D No he's done a ton of work for us including a gen disconnect.

·
Two skinny J's
21,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #544 ·
I've been standing on the outside for all of my life
But I like the view, I'm not gonna lie
Yeah, the yuppies and the hipsters and the wannabe scenes
That ain't down-home to me
I like two dollar beers, I like three dollar wells
At some old honkytonk bar that I know by the smell
Some old drunk on a barstool on a Merle Haggard tune
That's my kind of room
Raising hell with the hippies and the cowboys
They don't care about no trends
They don't care about songs that sell
Yeah, tomorrow I'll be gone
So tonight everybody just sing along
Raising hell with the hippies and the cowboys

·
Registered
806 Posts
I actually considered something like this many years ago when my dad, who had been very active all of his life - including some biking (he rode an old three wheeler for a number of years when he could barely pedal), could no longer walk or hike any distance as his health deteriorated in his 90's.

I was looking at cargo and touring trailers for bikes that people had converted into passenger trailers, or passenger bikes.

Like these - http://www.yellowjersey.org/bluesky.html

Not something I would take on the highway or busy roads but something rural or a paved trail perhaps.

Unfortunately, I never carried through with it because of the iffiness of taking an elderly person on the road and how I was going to transport something like that from one place to another.

This is a good man right here......

View attachment 52821

·
Two skinny J's
21,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #548 ·
I feel much better knowing this.

·
Two skinny J's
21,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #552 ·
Prolly the nastiest thing I’ve found at work. About stepped on it getting out of the bucket. Fresh, found it from of a bunch of duplexes.

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
Two skinny J's
21,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #553 ·
Dinner entertainment on the cheap! Moe the lab LOVES fetching his tennis ball and follows hand commands to a T

Watch his owner

·
Two skinny J's
21,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #555 ·
What an exciting day yesterday. After my sister and brother in law sat on the a tarmac for 51/2 hours in Dallas Friday we were able to pick up my boat from the shop Saturday morning and take it for a sunset sea trail yesterday evening.
The wind had blown 15-20 knots all day yesterday ( which makes for a crappy day in the water) and slowed enough to get the boat back in the water.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hope no one is offended by this - just a joke ;)

I was just thinking...while some people draw pictures with their ride courses in Strava I have done one better - I made a breast in my elevation chart, complete with a nipple (the result being from riding up a steep elevation and then immediately turning around and going back down).

·
tall old member
1,364 Posts
I was just thinking I’m sure having trouble getting the miles in I was expecting to get on my new fancy bike. Tomorrow I have a cardiology appointment where they are going to try to talk me into getting a defibrillator implanted. I already told them no. On Friday I start chemotherapy for my leukemia. My blood count is horrible. I don’t know how much this will affect my riding. I wonder if I just get on my bike and ride until I can’t ride anymore if it will kill me or cure me.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,457 Posts
I was just thinking I’m sure having trouble getting the miles in I was expecting to get on my new fancy bike. Tomorrow I have a cardiology appointment where they are going to try to talk me into getting a defibrillator implanted. I already told them no. On Friday I start chemotherapy for my leukemia. My blood count is horrible. I don’t know how much this will affect my riding. I wonder if I just get on my bike and ride until I can’t ride anymore if it will kill me or cure me.
Not much to like there, except for the fact that you're still riding. Short rides are better than no rides. Hang in there, man. I hope things improve for you.

541 - 560 of 606 Posts