Two Spoke Forums banner
581 - 597 of 597 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #581 ·
So .... your boat's first time water-skiing?
That obvious hu? damn rookies :D She'll be better next time :D

Seriously though.....rola, you've been on a rough turn for a few weeks.
Time to break out of the slump!!
Yea...I'm pretty much over this summer. I'm not sure what happened to time this year but, damn it Scotty I have none of it! I'm very happy that my bike was covered by Giant and that the fork was even paint matched correctly. Between some training I've had to do and now training another rookie I just haven't had time for ^% this summer. I know you know how that goes with your job, I'm sure your's is probably worse at times with some of the stuff I can imagine oyu have to deal with from time to time :D
Not as bad as those dudes who went out for a three hour tour.
Oh you have no idea how close we came :D When I called tBOAT US ( gonna make the switch to Sea Tow next summer)for a tow, the only boat they had available was on one tow WAY up in the Rappahonack river almost 2 hours away. So, finish his tow and head our way,... we would have been toed home by moonlight AND on top of what we pay for tow insurance it would have been another 700 bucks. They gotcha, whatcha gonna do?

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
In this body of water, and most in WV, there is ZERO tow service. Boaters rely on the kindness of strangers and that works fine until it’s after 6:00p.
Then you’re quite literally on your own (or almost). If you’re lucky, the VFD will haul a boat to the lake and tow …….for free, but about midsummer, they tire of that game and stop answering the calls. Then it’s boater and their paddles.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,449 Posts
Having spent a reasonable time today driving through Colorado, I have come to the conclusion that Colorado is one big road construction zone.
Construction is sadly normal in warm weather. If you spent time on I25 between Denver and CO Springs or I70 near Glenwood Springs, I'm sorry. :)

·
Two skinny J's
21,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #586 ·
I need to quit playing around and get back to riding. I’ve been so busy with work and little side projects that have totally consumed all my free time.

The new wood shed project. I still have to put the roof on, paper it, and put shingles on it. I wanted to d o cedar shingles for the roof but at 161.00 per pack, and I would need 3, that was a no go. 1 package of shingles at 29 bucks is MUCH better on the build budget :D
Plant Wood Tree House Grass
Wood Chicken coop Gas Grass Agriculture
Plant Natural environment Tree Wood Fence

·
Two skinny J's
21,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #588 ·
If you sold all your power tools you'd have enough cash for a new bike and enough time to ride it.
If I sold just the Woodpeckers tools I've been "investing in" lately I might be able to do so. Just ordered an Odd Job, One Time Tool, that isn't even expected to ship until 28 Feb 22.

It's still less cash flow than a lot of other "hobbies" and I get to exercise my creative bone and enjoy the benefits of it. Oddly it's NEVER cheaper to do/build it yourself, BUT the quality FAR exceeds most stuff I might purchase of the same item and I'm just a hack at this this stuff. ( I was never good at grammar, does this qualify as a run on sentence ? :))

·
Mom's Taxi
4,898 Posts
If I sold just the Woodpeckers tools I've been "investing in" lately I might be able to do so. Just ordered an Odd Job, One Time Tool, that isn't even expected to ship until 28 Feb 22.

It's still less cash flow than a lot of other "hobbies" and I get to exercise my creative bone and enjoy the benefits of it. Oddly it's NEVER cheaper to do/build it yourself, BUT the quality FAR exceeds most stuff I might purchase of the same item and I'm just a hack at this this stuff. ( I was never good at grammar, does this qualify as a run on sentence ? :))
I could understand what you were saying, so I would call it an effective sentence.

·
Two skinny J's
21,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #590 ·
I could understand what you were saying, so I would call it an effective sentence.
Up early for a left coaster aren't you?

·
tall old member
1,361 Posts

I can argue with that. When I was having some major remodeling done with new deck between the house and the pool the contractor asked my what I wanted them to do with the old deck. I told them to just drag it out of your way. I’m going to build a woodshed out of the pressure treated lumber. The only thing I had to buy was the metal roofing to match the house.
What are you using the firewood for? That’s not a very big wood shed but a very nice looking one.

·
Two skinny J's
21,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #593 ·
I can argue with that. When I was having some major remodeling done with new deck between the house and the pool the contractor asked my what I wanted them to do with the old deck. I told them to just drag it out of your way. I’m going to build a woodshed out of the pressure treated lumber. The only thing I had to buy was the metal roofing to match the house.
What are you using the firewood for? That’s not a very big wood shed but a very nice looking one.

I'm not exactly sure what you can argue, they cost of doing it your self? If you used the wood from your deck I guess I understand what you'e saying. I'd have to question, why where you getting the deck redone? The wood was not at end of life? Wood I pull up from my dock and deck goes straight to the dump, it's of no value or use

We use the firewood for...well fire :D No, I know what you are asking. We only use it on cool nights and just for pleasure. We do not heat with it. I only ever buy a cord at a time when I can find good oak. If I lived in Idaho or Pennsylvania and burned 3 cords of wood a season to heat I could understand.

Yes the woodshed I'm building is small ( I already have a request from someone to build them a slightly bigger one. Moving to it's final location is going to be tough, even mine is WAY heavy) but the point was to have something that looks better than would stacked on garden timbers and covered with a tarp :D

·
tall old member
1,361 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what you can argue, they cost of doing it your self? If you used the wood from your deck I guess I understand what you'e saying. I'd have to question, why where you getting the deck redone? The wood was not at end of life? Wood I pull up from my dock and deck goes straight to the dump, it's of no value or use

We use the firewood for...well fire :D No, I know what you are asking. We only use it on cool nights and just for pleasure. We do not heat with it. I only ever buy a cord at a time when I can find good oak. If I lived in Idaho or Pennsylvania and burned 3 cords of wood a season to heat I could understand.

Yes the woodshed I'm building is small ( I already have a request from someone to build them a slightly bigger one. Moving to it's final location is going to be tough, even mine is WAY heavy) but the point was to have something that looks better than would stacked on garden timbers and covered with a tarp :D
The old deck was wood and only went halfway across the back of the house. The new deck is composite and runs the whole way across the back of the house and partially wraps around the pool. The first ten feet going out from the house is under a new roof ( my wife’s idea but I learned to like it. We can have family picnics even when it’s raining and protection from the sun.
I heat my house with wood so I need a very large woodshed. I’m thinking of burning anthracite coal too this winter. Firewood is a lot of work.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
I ️LOVE️ heating with wood fire!! It just warms me straight to the bone. It is a LOT of work to keep up with it all winter though. I once tracked the savings. It was more than 80%
Since we moved, I’ve been trying to talk my wood fire loving Bride into house fireplace fires, but she’s been very reluctant due to the ash dust they cause in a house.
I think this winter just might be the winter fire returns.

·
Old, fat, and slow
944 Posts
Glass-enclosed fireplace and a Heatilator (or whatever they call those heat transfer units)

More stuff to buy, more stuff to install, more stuff to build ..... And when the wife isn't looking you can open the glass door and have a naked fire to play with.

581 - 597 of 597 Posts