Two Spoke Forums banner
601 - 620 of 639 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #601 ·
You have no idea how good this actually is.

Plant Ingredient Drinkware Font Gas

Reactions: longjohn

·
Two skinny J's
21,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #603 ·
Reads like an awesome experience. Shane you couldn’t make it.

How is your dad doing?
Doing well. He had gone in for the procedure of getting the stints they decided he did not need them in the end. They did tell him to change his diet and exercise tho. I've been on him for years to get up out of the easy chair and do something besides read and watch TV :D
Rola, wishing your father luck on the procedures.
All good man, thank you!

·
Two skinny J's
21,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #604 · (Edited)
It's done. I am considering building a mini for kindling tho. My brother in law wants one now along with my son. Neither of which live close so trying to figure out the logistics of this.

I had 4 8ft landscape timbers stacked 3 and 4 feet high. I managed to get almost all of that in the new shed. I was actually surprised how much I could get into this.

I did opt to put some smaller maple branches in the top right that have been drying for over a year now in the top right as well.

I do have some more clean up to do. It was 88* degrees and 92% humidity yesterday as I did this...dripping in sweet so I called it until it cools down some more.

Tree Plant Wood Trunk Shade

Plant Motor vehicle Wood Tree Vehicle

EDIT
Pretty happy with how this came out. I had REALLY wanted cedar shingles but at 166.00 per package and the board ft required...I had to pass. Opted for 29.00 for Architectural shingles

Road surface Window Wood Asphalt Grass

Ceadr rain cap and trim installed
Plant Building Wood Window Tree

Cost breakdown:
TypePer Square*Per Bundle**
Asphalt/Composition$100 - $150$30 - $50
Metal$300 - $1,800$100 - $600
3D/Dimensional$480$160
Cedar/Wood$480$160

·
Mom's Taxi
4,955 Posts
A friend on fb has an electric bike. When he goes for a ride other of his friends asks if he is using the electric assist. He frequently replies he is riding the bike Amish style. Having spent a couple days in Amish country watching all of the Amish riding their electric bikes with the assist on, I informed him he needed to adjust his terminology. His reply was Amish aren't allowed to ride bikes, with a link to an article (I didn't read it) to bolster is statement. I told this to the Amish owner of a bike shop today and he suggested I take a photo to show my friend. BTW, the bike shop owner said his sales to Amish riders is at least 80% electric. Yes, I know SprocketGirl could have written this much better.

·
Mom's Taxi
4,955 Posts
There is a wide variety among the Amish. Our Amish are not even allowed bicycles and twenty miles away there is a group that isn’t allowed zippers and buttons.
When I asked how they charged them he shrugged and said that quite a few of the Amish groups in the area were getting close to allowing electricity.

·
Registered
811 Posts
It very much depends on which sect of Amish.

The Amish who are my next-door neighbors are part of one of the most strict sects.

Like the ones near longjohn - the group here can't use zipper or buttons and they can't use anything electric, nor anything with rubber tires nor self-powered by engine, though they can use a gasoline motor to power their silo loader/unloader. But all horse-drawn machinery must have wooden or steel rims and they can't use anything like a bicycle.
I am their telephone contact so I make and receive calls for them. Though in an emergency or something like that they can use the telephone. And they normally don't even look at my computer screen when I need to look up something for them or find directions, but recently I had to make a train reservation and the father of the family sat down with me at the computer while I did it, which I was surprised at.

·
Mom's Taxi
4,955 Posts
In Holmes County one will find all of the versions of Amish from Old Order to ones you can't tell from Mennonite. The ladies we talked to in Fredericksburg were riding some pretty nice Specialized Vados.

·
Mom's Taxi
4,955 Posts
Dos, if I remember correctly, the only CEO's of the company that I didn't meet were the first one, J M, and the current one. In 1961 the company big wigs were going out to dinner to celebrate the opening of the new Salinas plant. The spouses were invited. Mom said she couldn't go because she couldn't find a babysitter. Mom and Dad were told to bring my sister and I. The sons of J M and his grandson were the bigwigs at the dinner. I was just a little 9 year old eating a good steak.

·
Mom's Taxi
4,955 Posts
Richard Smucker was always called Richard by the employees. I wonder how many CEO's of Fortune 500 companies are called by their first names by the employees? When I talked to him last week he seemed excited that I have his cell number and email address. He is the one who got my Father on the Today Show for his 100th. There is a video playing in the history part of the Smucker Store where Richard and his brother Tim are being interviewed by Matt Lauer (before he got in trouble). Matt asked them if it was true that the employees called the two of them "The Boys"? The said yes.

·
Two skinny J's
21,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #618 ·
English is a crazy language. For example:
obtuse - "difficult to understand" or "unable to understand what is obvious."
What is obtuse Angle?
An obtuse angle is a type of angle that is always larger than 90° but less than 180°. In other words, it lies between 90° and 180°.
It's very clear to me what an"obtuse angle" is :"D just say'n

601 - 620 of 639 Posts