Two Spoke Forums banner
621 - 639 of 639 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #621 ·
Spent the week on the beach. My bride and I got home yesterday afternoon and got unpacked and laundry started ( very little to do a we had done 99% of it before we left ) and everything put away and set out to enjoy a peaceful quite evening.

Fire Flame Sky Gas Heat

Broke out the MONSTER marshmallows and roasted/toasted a few. Then the debate started :D Golden brown perfection or burnt to a cancer causing crisp :D

My vote goes this way :D Not so much for my bride :D This was not complete and the time of the photo but it was very close to being perfect on all sides!
Automotive lighting Fire Flame Gas Heat

What say you? Golden brown deliciousness or cancer causing burnt to a crispness ???

·
Maturity Challenged
1,149 Posts
When I could have sugar my choice was golden brown.

Reactions: rola643

·
Mom's Taxi
4,955 Posts
I need to apologize to Newleaf. I am in my 15th state of my trip, and the only states to not have extensive road work are New Mexico and Arizona. Of course, I have only driven about 25 miles in New Mexico, and the distance in Arizona is similar. Tomorrow and Wednesday will give them the chance to catch up to the other states.

·
Two skinny J's
21,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #625 ·
One my recent brewery trips :)
Vertebrate Sleeve Handwriting Font T-shirt

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I’m nearing the end of a 14 month project for work.
I’ve been wondering if I’ll now have time to put in a few more miles.

Last week, i carried my bike for 3 days in hopes of sneaking in a ride. Even a short one. No luck.

Maybe I’ll get to ride this coming weekend.
Sadly, each ride has been like the first after a long snowy winter.

·
tall old member
1,410 Posts
I plan to keep riding as long as I can. Each ride makes me feel stronger. After I finished the September challenge riding for children’s cancer research I started riding my area again I don’t have much traffic to deal with but but nothing is flat and our gravel roads are horrible. I still have to be careful because being on blood thinners even a low speed crash could have me bleeding out from road rash or internal bleeding.
There are still some hills I avoid because no matter how strong I am they would still raise my heart rate above the level I’m supposed to keep it. I’m going to try some long climbs today. Not real steep but long. My new gearing I think I can gear down and slowly spin up the hills without getting my heart rate too high.

·
Two skinny J's
21,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #629 ·
^ RIDE ON!

·
Two skinny J's
21,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #630 ·
7 million Scoville. Nope, ain’t doing it.

Brown Liquid Cosmetics Fluid Bottle

Brown Bottle Liquid Fluid Drink

·
tall old member
1,410 Posts
7 million Scoville. Nope, ain’t doing it.

View attachment 53491
View attachment 53492
I grew the three hottest peppers on the planet this year. The ghost pepper (third hottest pepper) the Trinidad Scorpion (second hottest pepper) and the Carolina Reaper (hottest pepper on the planet) they all produced a bountiful crop. I know better than to bite into one but I tried making stuff with them. I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup and since I’m not allowed salt the soup always tastes flat. I cut one Reaper in two and threw it in the pot during the last ten minutes of cooking. Then I removed the two halves and threw them away. That soup was so hot it made me cough when I’d take a bite. It also made my belly hurt. I ended up eating all the soup but it was too hot to be enjoyable.
Next I tried making hot honey. I buy local hot honey made with habanero peppers but it costs twice as much as their regular honey. I filled a jar with regular local honey and cut a pepper in half and left it in the jar over night. In the morning I stirred it and took the pepper out.

The honey has a good flavor but no matter how small a quantity I eat I feel the burn in my stomach. That can’t be healthy. The scorpion and the reaper are both way over a million Scoville units. They should be considered poisonous because they will hurt you. I have two bags of them in my freezer. They are real pretty but I don’t know what to do with them.
Italian sweet pepper Peperoncini Food Leaf Malagueta pepper

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Last week, i thought i might ride this weekend.
However, when i returned home, i had one son home (with a cold) and missing his parents.
I chose to sit and watch the boobtube with him nearly all weekend and catch up.
About an hour after he left this afternoon, his big brother stopped by and we chose to sit around and catch up and then hang out by the fire.
I’ll ride some other time.
I ️ my boys.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,487 Posts
I grew the three hottest peppers on the planet this year. The ghost pepper (third hottest pepper) the Trinidad Scorpion (second hottest pepper) and the Carolina Reaper (hottest pepper on the planet) they all produced a bountiful crop. I know better than to bite into one but I tried making stuff with them. I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup and since I’m not allowed salt the soup always tastes flat. I cut one Reaper in two and threw it in the pot during the last ten minutes of cooking. Then I removed the two halves and threw them away. That soup was so hot it made me cough when I’d take a bite. It also made my belly hurt. I ended up eating all the soup but it was too hot to be enjoyable.
Next I tried making hot honey. I buy local hot honey made with habanero peppers but it costs twice as much as their regular honey. I filled a jar with regular local honey and cut a pepper in half and left it in the jar over night. In the morning I stirred it and took the pepper out.

The honey has a good flavor but no matter how small a quantity I eat I feel the burn in my stomach. That can’t be healthy. The scorpion and the reaper are both way over a million Scoville units. They should be considered poisonous because they will hurt you. I have two bags of them in my freezer. They are real pretty but I don’t know what to do with them.
View attachment 53495
Have you considered making a ristra or two? For those who aren't experienced with the Southwest US, a ristra is a string of chile tied artistically into a long bunch. It was originally used to dry fresh chile for preservation in the days before canning. In modern times, the focus is more on the artistry. In any event, your peppers are pretty if all but inedible and I imagine they'd make a pretty if non-traditional ristra.

If you like feeding birds and want to keep squirrels out, I've read that you can grind up 'peppers' and mix them wet with bird seed. Birds lack the taste receptors to sense capsaicin, and thus don't care about the peppers. Squirrels do have the receptors and don't like the heat. Supposedly. I haven't tried this myself.

Of course, if you paste all those peppers and mix them into bird seed, it's best to remember you did so and use gloves any time you handle the seed. Having touched my eyes after handling mere jalpenos, I don't want to imagine what those would do to any mucous membranes they happened to touch.

·
tall old member
1,410 Posts
Have you considered making a ristra or two? For those who aren't experienced with the Southwest US, a ristra is a string of chile tied artistically into a long bunch. It was originally used to dry fresh chile for preservation in the days before canning. In modern times, the focus is more on the artistry. In any event, your peppers are pretty if all but inedible and I imagine they'd make a pretty if non-traditional ristra.

If you like feeding birds and want to keep squirrels out, I've read that you can grind up 'peppers' and mix them wet with bird seed. Birds lack the taste receptors to sense capsaicin, and thus don't care about the peppers. Squirrels do have the receptors and don't like the heat. Supposedly. I haven't tried this myself.

Of course, if you paste all those peppers and mix them into bird seed, it's best to remember you did so and use gloves any time you handle the seed. Having touched my eyes after handling mere jalpenos, I don't want to imagine what those would do to any mucous membranes they happened to touch.
I’m thinking it won’t be long before they are either banned or required to have a warning label. They have already been known to cause heart attacks and brain damage. I found out today the pastor’s wife thought she was growing red sweet peppers and couldn’t figure out why they were not getting big. She picked one and took a bite. Her mouth went numb, tears streamed from her eyes, her face got red, she had trouble breathing. She grabbed anything else she could find in the garden to eat to try to take the burning from her mouth. She didn’t even swallow any. The little bit I have tried always made my belly hurt.

621 - 639 of 639 Posts