Two Spoke Forums banner
701 - 720 of 785 Posts

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,785 Posts
Probably gonna head back to the States and not kidding learn to surf and chill for a while with my Dad in a beach town.
My Mom has been pretty unwell and they are moving to the beach because she wants to be by the ocean. I figure a good daughter would be there to torture her pops as he will hate living on the ocean. He likes mountains and lakes. But I’ll be there to remind him how rough things are for him.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
6,121 Posts
Probably gonna head back to the States and not kidding learn to surf and chill for a while with my Dad in a beach town.
My Mom has been pretty unwell and they are moving to the beach because she wants to be by the ocean. I figure a good daughter would be there to torture her pops as he will hate living on the ocean. He likes mountains and lakes. But I’ll be there to remind him how rough things are for him.
I'm sorry to hear your Mom is feeling that unwell. I hope the change of plans works out all around. It is good to be near family in such times.

·
tall old member
1,609 Posts
Well I was just thinking I ought to post something. My eye surgeon talked me out of winter riding. He said he never saw anybody bleed like I did when I had that surgery. He said just a little crash or a bump on the head and I could be dead before they could even get an ambulance there. I should be going off Brilinta next month. In the mean time I have been dating women I met on E-harmony. One lady lives in Pittsburgh and rides an e-bike. Another one I am smitten by doesn’t have a bike right now but wants to ride with me. I’m thinking if she doesn’t buy one first I’ll buy her one. Dating has changed since I last did it with someone I wasn’t married to. I’d like to find one like SprocketGirl only close to my age but there is only one SprocketGirl.

·
tall old member
1,609 Posts
Whelp I’m off that anti-coagulant I have been on for a year and a half. I should start posting some ride reports next week. My next cardiology appointment isn’t until April 20 and I didn’t want to wait that long. I called them up and talked to the nurse. She called me back and said my cardiologist said it’s ok to stop taking it.
I’m doing an indoor ride on a spin bike at 8 in the morning tomorrow. It’s a fund raiser to raise money to fight leukemia.

So what happened to this site? Somebody has been rearranging all the furniture.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
6,121 Posts
Whelp I’m off that anti-coagulant I have been on for a year and a half. I should start posting some ride reports next week. My next cardiology appointment isn’t until April 20 and I didn’t want to wait that long. I called them up and talked to the nurse. She called me back and said my cardiologist said it’s ok to stop taking it.
I’m doing an indoor ride on a spin bike at 8 in the morning tomorrow. It’s a fund raiser to raise money to fight leukemia.

Here's hoping for many thousands of happy miles to come, free from bleeding :oops:. Seriously, I enjoy your ride reports a lot. You live in an interesting part of the country and I appreciate your generosity in bringing us along for some of your rides.

·
Two skinny J's
21,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #714 ·

First glad things are looking up and any time you can stop taking meds is a good thing, right? ;)

So…. What do mean by “ what happened to this site?” Furniture has been in the same spots for quite a long time :)

Reactions: MilesR

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
I’ve been working at Cacapon Resort State Park in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia on and off for more than six months.

For some reason, I have failed to report to this fine establishment that this resort has been building mountain biking trails faster than any other location in West Virginia that I know.

They had a trail built specifically for NICA (National Interscholastic Cycling Association) last year, a black Diamond trail completed earlier this year and they’re building an additional half million dollars worth of trails in the coming months.
If you like MTBing, this place is becoming an East Coast Mecca ffffast!!.

Oh, I failed to mention the multi million dollar addition to the lodge.
An additional 75 rooms, indoor pool, hot tub, new restaurant, lounge and full-service spa.
They already have cabins of varying styles AND during the summer a Dirty Dancing-esque sandy beach, horse stables and sporting clays.
For those needing a different pace after a Black Diamond run, there’s an 18 hole golf course.

Heck! As I’ve been writing this, I realize this would be a good place for a TwoSpoke first annual reunion!

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,394 Posts
wow, and I just filled up for 3.69 gal and thought 1.00 more in last 2 weeks sucked. $160 to fill up my truck at that 7.60 rate. feelin better about it now.....but 21 gallon 20 mpg truck will be sittin in garage while the 35mpg xB gets the call til this stuff settles down. 9 gallons to fill it up and can go a month on that back and forth to work. glad all my vehicles are happy on 87 reg unleaded.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
6,121 Posts
I like to travel.
I would have to surf the net with prices that high.
I hear Highway 1 is intense but dandy to tour by bike. With prices that high, cyclists might even get a break on the usually heavy automotive traffic. I'm looking hard for some silver lining here. Lots of dark storm clouds hiding it.

701 - 720 of 785 Posts