Two Spoke Forums banner
741 - 749 of 749 Posts

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,764 Posts
It looks like gas is getting cheaper. At the station I use, the price has dropped $.30 per gallon. Now it is only $6.70 for 91 octane.
Hooray for prices coming down :oops:. I can't say I ever imagined a time when a price drop of $0.30 per gallon for gas would mean so little. It seems we have found the 'interesting' times.

Reactions: MilesR

·
Mom's Taxi
5,552 Posts
Hooray for prices coming down :oops:. I can't say I ever imagined a time when a price drop of $0.30 per gallon for gas would mean so little. It seems we have found the 'interesting' times.
And here in California, the gas tax goes up another $.03 per gallon on July 1. Sure wish all the gas taxes they collect would be put to making the roads better. At least that is what they say it is for.

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,098 Posts
Petrochemical companies lowered gas prices for the upcoming holiday weekend to promote travel .... fearing that if gas prices stayed high, people would change their plans and barbeque in their back yards.

There is a complex algorithm determining the psychological effect of lowering prices and the perceived freedom to travel further which stimulates a sufficient sales increase to maintain obscene profit levels through increased volume despite the lower per-unit price.

I suggest buying a tanker truck and filling up on July 3rd.

741 - 749 of 749 Posts