Icy-Hot

Discussion in 'Training / Health' started by KFaulkner, Jul 27, 2009.

1. KFaulkner

KFaulkner Guest

My quads were aching more than usual today so I put on some Icy-Hot. I'm doing a century in a few days and was wondering what the consequences would be, good or bad, if I put more on before the ride?

2. Sean

Sean New Member

If you're doing a Century in a few days shouldn't you be resting a bit?

I have used it on rides, it helps loosen tight muscles for the first of the ride when I am a bit sore. I like it.

3. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Just be sure you wash your hands thoroughly before you use the bathroom. The results are not something you want to experience.

I have used it before to help loosen up but have found that usually a good warm up and some solid stretching after warmed up seems to help more than the icy hot. It seems like the stretch of warm muscles lasts longer than the loosening from the icy hot.

4. bantam700

bantam700 New Member

You be fine as long as you don't start eating it or something similarly stupid ;)

I have used while on century rides and between days on multi-day rides and have not had any negative side effects other than smelling like that stuff for the next few hours.

5. Angelica

Angelica Guest

Ick! I can't stand the way that stuff, Bengay, any of that smells. Yuck-o! Not worth using it to me! A good ol' heating pad always helps me. Don't put the heat on too high though.

6. Morgen

Morgen Guest

hot bath

If your legs are that sore, take a hot bath with 2 cups of epsom salt. Make sure you are taking a Ca, P, Mag, and zinc supplement before that century.