Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man...it's been a couple of rough days. Yesterday I went for a solo ride and cut it short because it was so windy it was just miserable to ride in. Got back into town and some lady about sent me on my way to my maker. She looked straight at me at an intersection and proceeded to pull out and damn near run me over. I could not believe it ! I started yelling at her and still to this moment don't know what I was yelling but when I caught her( as she stopped in the middle of Main St.) and was in tears saying she was sorry and that she could have killed me... I was like DA! Pay attention when you are driving lady! Had I been at a normal ride speed she would have wiped me out ! Somehow I ended up feeling bad for yelling at her...

Todays ride was just BRUTAL. I'm not sure where all this wind is coming from but it needs to go away. I have NEVER ridden in so much wind, it's worse than any spring ride I have ever done. We did a 66 mile ride of which I was only able to complete 61.68 miles..that's when I IFE'd ( in flight emergency ) Andy passed me to take a pull and when he did I got up out of the saddle to sprint and catch him and then it happened, TOTAL and COMPLETE leg cramps like I have NEVER felt before. It completely locked me up in so much pain I could not move ! I thought I was going to crash, it was all I could do to unclip and then the pain was so intense I wanted to cry. I stretched out for a few minutes and picked back on the ride. Made it another 3 miles or so and was unable to go any further. It's the first time I have ever given up on a ride. Not sure what happened. I had stopped, refilled on water, ate a banana, used Endurolytes, hammer gel and a cliff mini bar. All I can figure is that because of all the wind I/we used at least twice the amount of energy to do this ride, it was horrible.

61.69 mile, 13.4 % max grade, 1661 ft of climb and 18.9 mph aveage according to my Garmin. I have a Century to ride next weekend and I damn sure don;t need this happening again. I have never experienced this before and it aint no fun !!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts