Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
54 yrs old. Started cycling in May, logged in just over 1000 miles so far. Completed a half century and metric century. Training for a 2 day 150 mile ride around Galveston Bay on Oct. 8th and 9th. I'm from Nederland , Texas.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Nice to have you here! Seems you've really taken to it. Those are some big rides for someone so new. Great job! Good luck with the 150.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Way to go! You're wasting no time getting all the milestones out of the way. Two back to back Metrics+ should definitely be doable.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
awesome slowcarb! How do you find the time to get in all the riding? What kind of bike are you riding?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome slowcarb! How do you find the time to get in all the riding? What kind of bike are you riding?
I work a lot so my riding is done in the early morning on the weekdays, usually 15 to 25 miles; longer on the weekends. I ride a Specialized Sectuer ( 2010) I also have a 1988 Bianchi that I am going to restore.

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
how long does it take you to do 15 miles? I can't ride during the weekdays either so this is good motivation to get up early and get some miles in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Way to go I too am 54 years old and I started in April. So far I Have rode in events and completed a 75 mile course, did the century at the Hotter n Hell 100, did a metric century 2 weeks ago and the 50 mile course at the Waco Wild West Century last week. So like me I see you have grown to love the sport quickly. Couldn't tell you the last time I rode a bike before then but I cant see me getting off any time soon. I am doing speed interval training right now and gotta admit I love the burn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts