I'm looking for a good dirt jumper.. Help!

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by FOXshox, Oct 17, 2009.

1. FOXshox

FOXshox Guest

Hey guys, my specialized hardrock is getting old and has more problems that worth fixing. I'm looking for another good bike for dirt jumping. My max is $600. I've looked a Gary fishers, but all my friends say they are crap. Any ideas? I'm totally lost. I really don't care what brand as long as it's reliable and fairly comfortable.

Thanks guys, let me know if I should be more specific, or if you need any more info.

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

You need friends that know more about bikes. What does your LBS have in that range?

3. FOXshox

FOXshox Guest

LBS??? what I'm confused? I dont know much about bike terminology. sorry

thanks for the reply

4. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Local bike shop. What do you have to choose from?

5. FOXshox

FOXshox Guest

I know it's not in my price range, but I'm really liking the new specialized P1, and then my LBS also can special order a Gary fisher Mullet. They also have the GF Wahoo. Those are the closest to my price range. Would the P1 be worth it to save up?

6. ruggedscotsman

ruggedscotsman hardtail hardass

I would definitley recommend the Mullet. GF bikes are great quality and that frame is bomber (not sure what your friends have been smokin'.) I have an '06 GED, and its the same frameset. I also really like the Kona Shred and Stuff models.

7. Cycle

Cycle Guest

Gt Makes a decent jumper I've been told.

8. ghostrider

ghostrider Guest

I once had a GT, everything on it broke practically and it was rediculously expensive

9. topgun514

topgun514 Guest

I think the P1 is in that range right? Atleast there are a ton by me on craigslist for 300