I'm sure every one saw this but.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by funetical, Feb 25, 2010.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

To mark an animal that has killed three people as a "killer" is unfair...

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I agree but what are you going to do? Still if it's happened repeatedly at what point do you say I'm not messing with that killer whale?

4. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

That was sarcasm. I have a friend that works with sea lions at Sea World in San Diego. He nearly died when one tried to tear his arm off with its jaws.

5. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

What's Sarcasm? Sea Lions. Both things in that name could kill you yet your going to tempt fate and have it perform tricks for the amusement of children? Something seems not right about that. I think if you have a dangerous name you might not be that bad but when you have two you should not be messed with.

6. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Is it not time to turn it in to cat food. Over here, if a dog bites a child, it gets a one way ticket to the pearly gates. So why is it different with this oversized sardine.

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

If you forced the dog to live in a space 1 billionth the times smaller than it was used to and demanded it do tricks in exchange for that captivity I could see not putting down a dog. The reality of it is that it shouldn't have been there to begin with. I eat meat I hate PETA but does it ever occur to any one else that it's wrong to take an animal out of it's habitat and force it to amuse us? I mean what practical application does riding on Shamoo's nose have? Are there some indigenous peoples out there who ride the mighty orca's lips and force it to associate with other species? I mean aside from San Diegans.

8. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

I can hear it now (mother) He was a good boy I don't know what came over him.
    Your mother loves you like no outher

9. SUX VR40 Rider

SUX VR40 Rider New Member

As a matter of clarification an Orca is NOT a fish. It is not even a whale. They are called Killer Whales because whales are part of their diet. Orca's are actually dolphins, they are the largest member of the dolphin family.

If I lived in Scotland the only way my dog would bite anyone is in defense of her people/owners/family or property. This is part of her job and would only be done on my/her private property.

In Scotland what are the details of the ordinance or law about dogs biting someone? Is it only on public property?

In my city the council decided to redo the vicious dog law. When this happened I called the city attorney's office for clarification. I was told if my dog bites someone on my private property I am not subject to the law. My question actually was if someone uninvited and unwanted enters my property and she is barking at them to warn them off and they continue and she attacks what can happen to me or her under the criminal sense of the law. The answer is nothing.

At the same time it is my responsibility to keep my dog contained when she is outside to prevent her from leaving my property and run the streets on public property. Which I do.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  10. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Well freemason, i am aware the the killer whale is a member of the dolphin familly and hence not a fish.

I don't know enough of the law regarding private property, eg. your house, but in public places if you have a dog that is capable of causing serious damage to , or killing someone, the law states that that type of dog should be muzzled.

11. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

I think this a perfect example of some human arrogance...
    This was a known killer, and was sent to this aquarium with a STRICT understanding that no one would enter the tank with it. The trainers at the new aquarium thought they were better trainers than the ones in Canada and entered the tank.
    Paid a heavy price for their arrogance...

If one plays in traffic... is the car responsible for one getting ran over?

12. SUX VR40 Rider

SUX VR40 Rider New Member

Most dogs 30 pounds or larger have the ability to kill. Domesticated or not they are still an animal. Even with the best training a dog is still a predatory animal and has that ability.

That said it is the dogs that are obviously aggressive who should probably be muzzeled, but i have run into some dog owners who should be too.

13. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

I agree with you there freemason, some dog owners do indeed need the muzzle rather than the dog. The number of times when i have been out on the bike and a dog has come running after me and the owner of said dog, cries out, he is only being playful...to have a gun then and pop off the owner...:mad::mad:

14. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I hate dogs without leashes as well. There's a reason there's a law. Everyone thinks there dog is friendly. It's there dog. Idiots.