Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this app for a while and I'm gonna give it a whirl today and see how it compares to my Garmin. I'm curious to see how the speed and elevaions will compare.

We should have a beautiful day temperature wise for a ride today,66 degrees. However, ( BIG COMMA) winds will be 15-20 with gusts of +30 this afternoon ! But we can't wait on the weather forever hu? I'll ride in this over the cold anyday!

·
Two skinny J's
21,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally had a chance and actually remembered to use this app. Couple of things worth noting. I took off riding with out checking any of the default settings and after a mile or 2 I knew when I meet up with my ride partner I was gonna have to turn the " Betty the [email protected]%" function off! Seemed like every few tenths of a mile she was reporting my time distance and speed, but maybe only my distance and speed. I was to aggravated with her annoying voice. No big deal, stopped turned it off and left for the rest of the ride.

Welllll, it was a blustery ride! Windy and fairly cold. 32 degrees at ride time, a bad combination for me for sure ! Did a nice 32 miler and didn't think anymore about the iMapmyride app until I got home to hook my Garmin up to the laptop and my Facebook page was light up like the forth of July.

It would appear that in my haste to ride and use the app I should have paid closer attention to the settings...other than Betty the [email protected]# function I had turned off earlier

My freak'n Facebook page had an entry EVERY MILE I rode with mileage, elapsed time, pace and speed!!!

Had a few nice comments from "friends".

Anyway, the app does a pretty dang good job overall. Actaully it does a GREAT job for what it is. It obviously has some limitations compared to the Garmin but I would be pleased with it overall if it was all I had to use.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Some day, I may upgrade from Java phone, and actually be able to try these apps. But I really just use my phone for texting and reading email on the go, and can't justify spending a small fortune for another device + data plan.

My iPod touch is loaded with useful tools, but I don't want to carry it around everywhere. I can't win.

·
Two skinny J's
21,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But I really just use my phone for texting and reading email on the go, and can't justify spending a small fortune for another device + data plan.
To be honest I was very happy with my old phone...the workplace forced my hand on this one. I won't allow them to scrutinize my every keystroke on my breaks and lunch time etc. They may still know what I am doing but they can't lock me out or block content:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts