Impact! Extreme Unicycling

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by unigeezer, Feb 17, 2010.

1. unigeezer

unigeezer Over 50 and not '2' tired

Me doing some fun biggish drops at Sullivan canyon. :thumbsup:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWY1TczsXUo]YouTube - Off road Unicycling with UniGeezer: "Impact!"[/ame]

2. Farnsworth

Farnsworth New Member

Going places others fear to tread? Yes you are. Could you put a camera where the brake goes? I think that would be an interesting perspective.

3. unigeezer

Well, that perspective might be a bit "claustrophobic, lol. It would be too close to show much. I've shot footage using pov, where I hold the camera by the legs of a fully expanded tripod, and it gets a good amount in view.

My most recent filming innovation is "Uni-Cable-Cam", which is pretty awesome as the camera moves right along with me as I ride, both MUni and 36er riding. here's a compilation from more than a dozen films I've made using this technique:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0oTjkUg0Y]YouTube - Amazing "Uni-Cable-Cam"!!![/ame]

4. chh55

chh55 Drink plenty of water!!!

Fantastic footage and totally amazing riding!!! Not being a uni guy I gotta ask... what does holding on to the saddle with one hand give you for stability? Seems like you'd be better off with both hands out. Or is that where you have the brake lever mounted?

5. fleeter

fleeter The Bearded Wonder

unigeezer -- this is the first time I saw any of your vids... phenomenal! I have to hand it to you.

Keep up the awesome work!

6. unigeezer

Thanks. :) Yeah, holding the lift handle add stabilty, especially when doing drops, jumps and riding over rough/technical terrain. It helps keep feet planted firmly to the the pedals, which are pinned and pretty grippy as they are, plus I use 5.10 shoes which I love!.

thanks much. :)