Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Texas launched a banner campaign called buzzed driving is drunk driving. No it's not. That being said that same blood alcohol level would take the wife down.

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
"Drunk", "buzzed", "distracted", it's all the same thing -- a driver has chosen to let something else interfere with his/her ability to operate a motor vehicle. This driver has decided that driving is so little a challenge that his/her whole attention isn't required.

OK, you're driving a 3000-lb metal cage with a 150+ hp engine in it, capable of nearly 100 mph; the forces involved kill 40,000 people every year in the USA alone, JUST from being drunk! WHAT ABOUT THIS IS 'UN'CHALLENGING?!?

Before becoming car-free, I drove for over 30 years, some of that time in Germany -- where they take it pretty seriously! For example, if you're pulled over for suspicion of DUI, and you refuse to submit to a blood test, well...they TAKE it anyway! It was a good education on the skills needed for good driving -- something I haven't seen since returning, either.

The pitiful ease of getting license leads too many dummies to believe it's a casual exercise; thus, there are WAAAAY too many dummies who have no business out there!

There's not a lot I take very seriously anymore, but operating a powerful machine is still one of them. Everybody else needs to do the same -- or would you prefer to be one of the 800 CYCLISTS killed on the roads in 2010?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I wonder what the stats of killed while driver was sneezing is. The reality of Distraction is that's what life is. A distraction on the way to death. don't agree that buzzed driving is drunk driving other wise they would have made the bal .001.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts