Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes folks, Brown County offers some very very wild riding! I have no shame in saying that Schooner's spanked me and sent me walking my bike back looking for something easier.

Thanks for all the bike shop comradery as I passed through the state! If the fellow I spoke with in parking lot at Hesitation Point reads this, my hat is off to you for riding Schooner's in that wicked heat.

In other things that may be of interest, The Rusted Hub is updated and waiting for your eyes. :p

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yeah I rode the Brown County trails a couple months ago, was very impressed with the trail system, excellently maintained and designed.
who'd a thought? not this one. *shrugs*

Decent little trail in French Lick too.. FYI

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
The IMBA (Indiana Mountain Bikers Association) is doing a fantastic job designing and implementing many trails throughout this state.

I love the Brown County area ( I ride mostly road) and they have a fantastic trail system for MTB'ers o all levels. I would be novice :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I rode the Brown County trails a couple months ago, was very impressed with the trail system, excellently maintained and designed.
who'd a thought? not this one. *shrugs*

Decent little trail in French Lick too.. FYI
I wanted to stop in French Lick just because of the name! However, I guess the heat got to me because it slipped my mind until I was far into Kentucky.

·
Registered
330 Posts
You're hauling if you're already in Tennessee. I've done many journeys inspired by "Blue Highways" (William Least Heat Moon), "Travels With Charley" (Steinbeck), and "A Walk Across America" (Peter Jenkins) and I offer this suggestion: slow down. There's a lot to see in the U.S. and it usually isn't seen by flying by at 65mph.

Unless, of course, your goal is to hit as many states as possible and then find a teaching job for the coming school year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts