Indoor Cycle with Laptop Mount

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by TxCyclist, Mar 15, 2010.

1. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Anyone seen a writeup or DIY thread on another forum about someone taking a indoor cycle then fabricating a bracket to hold a laptop?

2. TxCyclist

Went to Academy to look at bikes today. Couldn't find one that was a nice indoor ride and provided a way for me to fasten a bracket to it.

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I have a million dollar idea thread around here some where. Dean I am stealing your idea.

4. 1stthings1st

1stthings1st New Member

This product is made in two versions. spindesk is a laptop holder for bike in a trainer.
    They also make a bike with the laptop holder on it.
    A local programmer has shown me his and he said it is very comfortable. Helps him get things done on pc.
    I seen it on amazon as the whole bike and desk only. But their website shows both.

5. TxCyclist

6. 1stthings1st

1stthings1st New Member

Yes ! I just got the Pro. It mounts on my road bike in the trainer. Took about 2 minutes or less to install, very easy. Put laptop on top and your typing. I am on it now.
    Only thing I would say is that you have to adjust the straps to make sure the SpinDesk is tilted slightly upward. Seems more comfortable to me.
    With daily use it gets easier and easier. Now I just leave my laptop on it and find myself able to read posts and organize my day like never before. Knees feel good and sleeping better, too.
    Now what I find really interesting about this contraption is that you can play video games without feeling guilty. I am 45 and have not played games in a long time. So I tried one that my kid likes. 1 hour and 45 mins later, sweat pouring off me, I think I am training for a race or something. Which I just might do now.
    I could go on but would like to hear what others are doing with one. Very cool, effective product. Thanks for asking.