Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will admit it. I play rockband when i'm on my bike trainer. After 90 minutes or so, I like to think I'm sweaty from a mere 115bps workout, but i think its the perspiration from headbanging to some of the classics.

For those of us who choose to train indoors, or live in areas of the world that encourage us to train indoors during certain times of the year, we have created Welcome to Race Day Rush

Get immersed in real race footage of normal people hammering it out. It's pretty cool.

You know you have to serve time on the trainer or on rollers, make it more enjoyable with the cool eye candy available at Welcome to Race Day Rush

Spin videos from 30 minutes to 158 minutes. Free.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Wouldn't advise Rock Band on rollers. Hard enough to towel off while on those things. Still love mine, though! Thanks for the info! I'll definitely be checking it out. I am lucky enough to live in an area where it's mainly the early darkness that forces me onto the rollers, rather than the weather.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Cyclerobix

I used to own a VCR tape (oh my I'm dating myself!), it was a set called Cyclerobix. Unbelievable workout. Some were interval training, then others were just longer sessions. I used to really enjoy them.

Simple, put it in and go!

Lisa

·
Registered
346 Posts
Interesting configuration, I didn't realize they were available, I'm not sure my wimpy crosstrail tires would hold up...maybe I can get my mtn bike back from son-in-law.. Have you tried to ride on these type tires?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i used to race dirtbikes on ice tracks in the winter. we created all kinds of patterns with self tapping screws similar to the diagram above.

In that world, more was always better. Difference is that it adds a tremendous amount of rotational weight.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Well, I finally gave in to the rollers this week. Two 1.25 hour sessions with just music. Second night my music selection was better, but I'm definitely gonna be hitting your website up for some better accompaniments before the next time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
awesome. i welcome your feedback.

2 things; we use divx player in order to stream higher quality. Second, for the longer sessions (i.e. the road bike stuff, give it 2 to 4 min to buffer so that you get smooth playback). Make sure you have your fav tunes and let me know how it goes.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
How does that not pop the tire?
I've seen them made two different ways. First, you drill a small pilot hole through a knob. Then you can either screw a small sheet metal screw into the knob from the inside so that a small portion of the point is protruding from the knob. Or you can screw it in from the outside and then grind off the point if necessary. If you go from the outside, use a hex head sheet metal screw rather than a pan head to get the best traction.

There are also commercially available studded tires.

·
Younger than Hack
746 Posts
I've seen them made two different ways. First, you drill a small pilot hole through a knob. Then you can either screw a small sheet metal screw into the knob from the inside so that a small portion of the point is protruding from the knob. Or you can screw it in from the outside and then grind off the point if necessary. If you go from the outside, use a hex head sheet metal screw rather than a pan head to get the best traction.

There are also commercially available studded tires.
I grew up in the Northwest Corner of Colorado. They don't plow the roads when it snows they sand them. the roads are just snow packed tight with sand on it.

I rode my MTB to school everyday until my Junior year (had to drive my brother to school then). I ran short screws from the inside out then put a layer of old inner tube over the ends and then a could of layers of duct tape to keep the tube in place then remounted the tire. When I put it back on the bike I found that some of the edge screws hit the stays so I hit all of them with a grinder to knock them down.

I rode those tires everyday through the winter. I loved it when I rode up the hills weaving in and out of the cars that had spun out. Stopping was also a non issue with the screws I didn't feel that I lost any ability to stop. After my woodshop teacher rode my bike around for a few minutes he did the same thing to his and rode it everyday. We would meet and ride together in the morning.

He and I even rode our bikes to school on the coldest day of the year when the temps dropped down to -61 degrees F. They ended up canceling school that day and the school supplied a van to take us home and would not let us ride home.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.