Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a spot to post up when you are down and out. We seem to have a few now and again.

Tire Land vehicle Bicycle wheel Wheel Bottle

Reactions: newleaf150

·
Two skinny J's
21,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have an individual here who was fairly seriously injured in a cycling accident. They have PM’d me and when and if the time is right and if they feel ok to post what happened…

Reactions: MilesR

·
Two skinny J's
21,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alas, it was me that Rola had in mind with this thread. I passed out on a ride on March 8 and ran into a parked car. I broke my right ankle, four right ribs, and right scapula. I needed a pin in the ankle and I can weight bear with a left crutch and a walking boot but my ribs and scapula fracture have me in a sling with no use of my right arm for a few weeks. Ironically the ankle injury would not have required surgery had I been able to use crutches on both arms for about three weeks to allow it to heal on its own, but my right arm is useless. I am impressed with the current surgical state of the art that allows me to weight bear with a walking boot just one day after having two pins placed in my ankle. The orthopedic stuff is no big deal and in about 16 weeks I’m good to go on that front. More concerning is why I passed out and I am having a cardiac work up to determine that but so far my cardiologist says they haven’t found anything yet. I will need to wear a heart monitor for three weeks and then undergo a chemical stress test. I’m hoping they find something that is fixable because quite frankly in the absence of them finding a cause for this I am petrified to ride my bike outside again. Always something.
I can only imagine the thought and fear of passing out as you ride or for that fact drive your car! People, as we all know, don’t pay enough attention as it is much less in a time if crisis shen something like this could/might happen.

I’m hoping they find something. It would be a shame to loose a lifetime of work and effort you have into riding.

I’m not familiar with the chemical stress test, can you give us any insight as to exactly what that might be and involve?

Glad you came forward and let everyone know, this one heck of a deal!

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas
1 - 3 of 3 Posts