Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have these on their road bike - they were a $40 extra cost but have been well worth - they are right their where your hands are already resting - so no change in position or balance when needing to brake quickly

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
No. I've never used them but it would seem control could be an issue if you are carrying any speed and trying to brake with your hands on top like that.

Just my intial thought when I read your post. I think I've only ever seen them on some cross bikes.

·
600 Posts
I will have them on my road bike, when I get one. Years ago they were all the rage on the ten speeds and I loved using them. Very convenient braking action.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
I do 95% of my riding on the hoods so they would be little to no use for me. As has been stated they are very popular in cyclo cross bikes.

·
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can anyone give a a def of hoods & drops I think is the other word ? I keep seeing these terms and I assume they are different parts of the bar

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
hoods = the back of the brifters that are on the top of the bar just as it forms the downward curve...

drops = the bottom of the curved part of the handlebar.

I am sure there is a better definition than this but I hope this gives you an idea.

·
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The addition of the brakes inline seems also to make it an easier rest place to put my hands since I don't use the hoods much & I am too fat to do the drops - although that is changing - thank you biking

1 - 11 of 11 Posts