Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spokies-

We're heading to Disney World tomorrow!

After my daughter's 4th admission to the NICU/PICU we decided that if she made it through, we'd take her to Disney.

2 years later, we're going!

My wife has been researching, planning, coordinating this whole extravaganza.

Any personal advice?

I'm trying to line up a bike rental while we're down there, I think one of the hotels on the resort/park land rents them.

·
Two skinny J's
21,592 Posts
Have fun, drive safe. we went last year. After having been as a 10/11 year old it was quite different as an adult :D

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Seems like a terrible place to ride. Then again, I took my son when he was four or five, and he turned 21 last week. It may have changed a bit. Are you staying at a resort? If so, pack your own food and beverage, so you can avoid getting robbed.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
We're on the Disney complex, SWMBO inisisted on getting a "meal" plan. I did the math, it comes out to about $89 per person per day for food. I'm trying to understand her logic, but, whatever. She gets this trip, I get the Gran Fondo and maybe be able to go to the Philly Pro Race.

What kills me is that in a former life, I may have eaten that quantity of food, but no more. I plan on taking my plate, and immediately chucking half of it.

I lost 10lbs in 3 weeks, not going backwards.

·
1,200 Posts
you'll all enjoy it i took my wife and 2 daughters last year the kids were 5 and 1 years old.. if your staying in a disney room on the property my suggestion would be go out in the mornings take ya'll a lil break around lunch time then go back out into the parks in the evening it's cooler and was less congested in the evenings when we were there and if your staying at disney you get an extra hour or two in the parks

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I have managed to avoid Disney the past 48 1/2 years. At this point I doubt there's any point in going. Not sure if I'm deprived or not.

·
1,200 Posts
i would say so!!!.. and she will love the breakfast if your doing the same one we did in the castle it is very well done and all the princesses come to your table!!! as far as looks of parks lol i really have nothing to compare too last year was my first time as well.... also i downloaded an app for my phone that had wait times for rides, where the charicters were located and when etc.. it made navigating and doing a small bit of planning alot easier

1 - 9 of 9 Posts