Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Second the hairspray.

Twist and push takes too long and can stretch the grip, shortening its useful life.

·
Two skinny J's
21,320 Posts
I've used a shot of WD40 before, very light mist.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
If you have trouble with them moving around, I used the two way tape they use to regrip golf clubs. Put the tape on the bar first. remove other side of tape, then a touch of mineral spirits in the grip. pour remainder out on the tape and it will slide right on. the mineral spirits evaporate in about 15 seconds so make sure of where you want them. the grip will need to be cut off if it is in the wrong place. (only downside)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Peanut Butter. Then you always have emergency stored energy if you get stranded with a flat.

I've used hair gel. It's slimy and it drys out - similar to hair spray.

·
Registered
144 Posts
what type hair spray

regular or extra hold?
does it matter which brand? one more tackier than others.

thanks

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I guess every bike shop I've ever worked for or been to is wrong, then.
I'm surprised they still make hairspray. I'm not going to buy any. Do you sell it at the shop? Haha.

If you want them to stay put, auto weather strip adhesive works but can react with the material in the grip. Use sparingly. When I tried it, the outer surface of the thin grips got sort of glazed, but sandpaper fixed that.

Best solution, Lock-on grips. Ergon are very popular. I use Oury.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use a little rubbing alcohol. Just enough to ease the sliding. It evaporates quickly and doesn't leave any residue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts