Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
pille of shyt! cant even haul a car door!
another show peice is all it is

·
717 Posts
Hack, I submit this as the standard for utility...

Attachments

·
Registered
870 Posts
I don't think Ahearne Cycles thought their idea of a flask holder out very well. Last I checked operating a vehicle while drinking alcohol is illegal in all states.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I love Pereira Cycles bike with the large trunk, but hate the motor. Once a motor is added to a bicycle it ceases to be a human powered vehicle.

Sorry I'm a purist, you either ride a human powered bicycle or you don't and ride a motor scooter, motorcycle, moped, or how ever else you want to classify it.

·
Registered
870 Posts
That claim requires at least one steel diamond frame in your stable, and it cannot roll on 26" tires.
Uh yes it can roll on 26" wheels, the size of the wheel has nothing to do with whether or not it is a bicycle or motorcycle. Nor does it have anything to do with the shape or design of the frame. The first bicycle frames were far from diamond shape. And recumbents were created as early as the late 1880's.

But I do have 2 "diamond frame" bikes. One is on permanent loan at a air and transportation museum. It is a Schwinn American. The second needs a full restoration. It is a 1950 or '51 Hiawatha made by Cleveland Manufacturing and sold by Gambles. The Hiawatha will not be donated to a museum, It will be kept in my personal collection once it is restored and will likely never be ridden because it will be a restored collection piece.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Uh yes it can roll on 26" wheels, the size of the wheel has nothing to do with whether or not it is a bicycle or motorcycle. Nor does it have anything to do with the shape or design of the frame. The first bicycle frames were far from diamond shape. And recumbents were created as early as the late 1880's.

But I do have 2 "diamond frame" bikes. One is on permanent loan at a air and transportation museum. It is a Schwinn American. The second needs a full restoration. It is a 1950 or '51 Hiawatha made by Cleveland Manufacturing and sold by Gambles. The Hiawatha will not be donated to a museum, It will be kept in my personal collection once it is restored and will likely never be ridden because it will be a restored collection piece.
Purist: According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, the term dates from 1706 and is defined as "a person who adheres strictly and often excessively to a tradition".

·
Registered
870 Posts
Purist: According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, the term dates from 1706 and is defined as "a person who adheres strictly and often excessively to a tradition".
Well then I guess by that definition I excessively ride a bicycle without a motor on it.

You could say if I also owned and rode a motorcycle I excessively ride a motorcycle that is NOT human powered.

So what's your point?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts