introductions...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by petkos, Oct 21, 2009.

1. petkos

petkos New Member

Hello from the Tarheel state.... I 'm a shop owner in the Chapel hill area last specailizes in On the Road Tech support for National Cycling events and Ironman Triathlons. I have been involved in the Cycling industry for 35+ years

I am always always looking for new events to do in the East that are multi day either as a contractor to another vendor or on my own. Contact me if you have anything in your neighborhood that needs / wants Tech Support.

2. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Hello petkos, I think CA is a little far away, but will keep you in mind...

Don't get that far east much, but had family in SC, was long ago 1800's, plantation called Brattonville, state historic park now, never been there, but hope to visit someday.

DrB

3. Don

Don NC Road Biker

welcome bro..im from the tarheel state too!!

4. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Welcome....I was just in the Duke area this past weekend. Is the riding good in that area??? I wasn't there long and didn't get a chance to see much. All I know is it was cold like New England while I was there. Must have brought the bad weather with me.

5. petkos

petkos New Member

coolness in Carolina last weekend

Its an indian summer now since we saw the first opportunity for frost last weekend. The weather is beautiful and I am splitting my time between work and riding my bike.

Next week I will be in New England collecting bikes for IronMan Florida....

6. petkos

petkos New Member

I'll be doing a training camp in Arizona next march....

7. Sizzors

Sizzors New Member

Hello to all
    I'm from the sunshine state of Tucson Arizona. I love it here because I can ride all year long. Yes its hot in the summer but you get used to the heat and call me crazy I now enjoy riding in hot weather. Hot here is 107 in july.
    I have rode when it was 112. Drink lots of water and put on the suntan lotion and go for it. I used to live in Mass. but Mass is in the pass thank you please.
    Anyway, its great to be in a form with other bikers..

8. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Why so hostile towards Mass??????

9. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

+1 - Enquiring minds want to know... :D

10. Sizzors

Sizzors New Member

Reply to hostile.
    So you think I'm hostile huh because I said Mass. is in the Pass.
    My my are we having a bad day? I will give you some information related to Mass. First, I was born there second, I lived most of my life there and third,
    it used to be a great place to live until they turned it into taxachusetts.
    If your from there you know I'm right. I don't dislike Mass it isn't the states fault its the people running it that screwed it up. But thats a whole other subject and this is a bike forum. Lets just say the weather in Az. is better for all kinds of out door sports.Mass has to much snow, rain, and cloudy days.
    Just so you know I still cheer for the Red Sox, Boston Bruins and of course my
    Patriots. Oh by the way nice to meet you.

11. topgun514

topgun514 Guest

sizzors, i dont think he was being mean, this is a chill place, not hostile. I am from NH, love the sports and GO CELTS...

i didnt know anyone watched the bruins up til 2 years ago anyways too. haha

12. petkos

petkos New Member

Well Im still in bicycle industry and still doing tech support for cycling events around the country. It seems like the number of events are shrinking as the local jurisdictions are making it tougher on holding events.