Two Spoke Forums banner

iphone mounts

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Industry_Hack 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I got a friend who has used one. His phone has fallen off three times on the road. Actually he's on his second one now. His phone fell off the first one twice and has fallen off the second on once. His phone cover has luckily saved major damage. I need to find out which ones he's used so as to tell you to steer clear of those.

#10 · (Edited)
I have the IPhone Garmin app - only 99 cents - use it in my pocket or in the bike bag - not very accurate - use it to map my ride only & count calories - by itself does not stop when the bike does - can spend another hundred or two on attachments to make it act like a more full fledged Garmen speedo - cadence - power etc - also allows me to edit & transfer every ride to the Garmin website - have a dedicated speedo for accurate details of the ride

Also - runs out of battery power VERY fast - ran out of power on my 60 mile ride yesterday

#15 ·
I use iPhone with two apps. for biking. (Endomondo = since the National Challenge and .....hum, I just looked. I must have determined the other wasn't working well & deleted it).
Also bike computer, because I believe they are much more accurate than the current apps.
I carry the phone in my pocket.
Without my bike computer, the "in the pocket" method wouldn't serve me as well, because I need to see my average & current speed to determine if I'm a slacker on a given ride. ;)

#18 ·
The Chinese one that I got from eBay seems to work OK. However, the watertight lid tends to pop open when you hit a decent bump. The latches really suck. I have to put a rubber-band around it to keep it from popping open. I should have known better since it was only $16.00 (with shipping). I guess I'm back on the iPhone bike mount market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.