Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard it said that you should never loan a baseball glove to someone else, because they will change the way it's broken in. I see some used Brooks leather saddles on Ebay for fairly good prices, but if they are used, will they be broken in incorrectly for a second person, or will they adjust for someone else.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I have allmost 7,000 miles on a leather saddle and I don't think it is broken in yet ;). It has a lot of ajustment left, I am 230#, but I broke it in as instructed, you could be getting one in any condishion.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
I have allmost 7,000 miles on a leather saddle and I don't think it is broken in yet ;). It has a lot of ajustment left, I am 230#, but I broke it in as instructed, you could be getting one in any condishion.
Wild is good, Wild is wise.

My only concern (speaking with no leather saddle experience) is another persons butt sweat. Leather if taken care of properly is quite resilient and can last for eternity. This I know based off of wallets, belts, baseball gloves, shoes, boots, sharpening straps, etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd say getting a used Brooks saddle is the best way to go. It takes a long time to break them in and if someone else is willing to do it for you then awesome. It'll still conform to your derriere, but shouldn't hurt as much while it does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts