Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
pottsman21 said:
Does anyone use a ISM road saddle? I have a loaner but haven't ridden it yet?
Let me know how you like it. Everyone I know loves theirs and I am thinking of getting the ISM Prolog. Would like a few more reviews before I pull the trigger on one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tested it for the first time Friday. No pressure what so ever on the sensitive areas. It's wider than my previous saddle (Fizik Antares) , so it feels like its rubbing a-little. It was comfortable though I only road 7 miles. I have it for another week so I will gradually do more miles. I will keep you posted. .

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
pottsman21 said:
Tested it for the first time Friday. No pressure what so ever on the sensitive areas. It's wider than my previous saddle (Fizik Antares) , so it feels like its rubbing a-little. It was comfortable though I only road 7 miles. I have it for another week so I will gradually do more miles. I will keep you posted. .
Thanks,

There's nothing wrong with my saddle until I start getting past 50 miles. It starts getting a bit hard on the sit bones after that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up trying out the ISM Breakaway and liked it much more. It's a little longer then the road but narrower. I ended up ordering one and I'm eating for it to come in. I'll send some pictures once I get it.

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
The Prolog has a narrower and longer nose than the road as well. I wonder what the difference is between the Prolog and the Breakaway?

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
pottsman21 said:
No sure. I really like the breakaway though.
From the photos, it looks as if the only difference is that the Prolog has a thinner nose. It's also suppose to have a bit more padding.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I saw Same winning design as the Adamo Racing, but with more gel, more foam padding and a slightly wider cutout between the front arms which increases pudendal artery blood flow.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
So, Potts....
What's the verdict?
I'm just about to sell my current seat (eBay auction ends on 2 hours). I'm leaning toward the road. But I'm concerned about the price & not liking it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ended up buying the breakaway. The road felt a little too wide in the nose for me. The breakaway is a little longer and narrower. I have about 4 rides now on my breakaway and am very pleased with it. It took a few adjustments and my sitbones to adjust but I think I dialed it in. No numbness or discomfort.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Potts.
Did you do the setup yourself?
Where did you go to find a place that let you have a trial period?
The closest dealer to me said they are sold out and will not have a stock of seats until next year. They have only offered to special order for me. AND if I take the seat out of the store, there are no returns.
I can only try it by spinning inside their shop.
Looks like IF I purchase one if these saddles, it will be online at this point.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually went for a fitting and asked about the seat. They switch the seats and I took it for a week. I went back and tried 2 other seats before deciding. They even put the demo on my bike until mine came in. They store is trekbikesflorida.com. They have 3 stores. I saw a website that had a demo program. I cost 20-25 bucks but maybe worth it. Have u tried ISM website to see more stores around you?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TriSports.com has a demo program. $25 including shipping for 7 days. If you end up buying the saddle they credit you $20 towards the purchase.

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
My LSB finally got the ISM Prolog model in, just before we left for our trip. I am going to try it when I get back sometime next week. I'm really looking forward to trying one for distance rides.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone else tried these saddles?
I am looking to get one for my Tri-bike and just wondering if there
is anymore input...

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
pottsman21 said:
TriSports.com has a demo program. $25 including shipping for 7 days. If you end up buying the saddle they credit you $20 towards the purchase.
Thanks a bunch for this tip!!
After I research the deal, I believe I will give them a shot.
I'm currently riding my "old" bike seat, since I just sold my "new" seat.
My tail end is confused and angry right now.
Thanks again. I hope this works out.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
After a fairly painful week ( off the bike) but related to the bike, I ordered an ISM saddle.
I hope to be adjusting to it this Wednesday or Thursday.

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
Going to the LBS and seeing if I can get one on loan to test it out before shelling out the cash. I'm still looking at the Prolog over the Road so I'll have to see if they have any left as they were selling pretty quick before I left on vacation.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts