Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister in law posted this on FB last night and could you imagine if something like this were to happen while riding your bicycle instead of your Harley?

"Was in the middle of a perfect night ride on the motorcycle and then it happened. Two skunks in the middle of the road with no time to stop. Bam motorcycle and skunks collide and now you know the rest of the story."

No one got hurt luckily...well other than the skunks :D

·
1,355 Posts
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UejelYnVI3U]YouTube - ‪Dead Skunk - Loudon Wainwright 3rd‬‏[/ame]

·
tall old member
1,333 Posts
I see a lot of skunks on the road at night when I'm riding home. They have never darted out in front of me like the other kritters like to. I've hit racoon and possum, come real close on rabbit and squirrel. The only critter that caused me to crash was the deer that ambushed me in May this year.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,576 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Wow! I have had one go between my wheels while going 20+ mph. That scared the stuff right outta me. You flip the bike when that happened, or able to keep it under control?

·
Registered
625 Posts
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuY44PHC0wI]YouTube - ‪Dead Skunk‬‏[/ame]

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,576 Posts
You flip the bike when that happened, or able to keep it under control?
It wasn't my FAIL. I had seen it elsewhere on another forum and thought it fit here. That had to hurt everyone involved.

·
Most Unusual
149 Posts
ooofff - never had that - most I've had is (and I shall exaggerate here) a quart of dried green goose poop on the bottom of the bike. yuck. But no dead animals or run in's with SLA's.

·
Biking With a Mission
159 Posts
My uncle hit a deer on his Harley.

Story goes like this:
Going about 50 in rural VT. Deer runs across road, right as Uncle is going by. Deer runs into side of uncle/motorcycle. Uncle has the sense to hit the throttle to pull motorcycle back under control. Uncle's friend stops deer's misery using trusty knife. Harley footpeg is bent!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts