Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it always seemed counter intuitive, but there is one thing I have learned about machinery over the years. The less you use it, the more you work on it. It applied to just about anything mechanical. Think I am finally am going to be able to ride tomorrow for the first time since a fall a few weeks ago. I am being encouraged in that the heat is supposed to break next week. Highs in the low 90s after all summer of 105+ seems like heaven. This summer its been a total of 65 days over 100 so far. They don't think we will break the record of 67.

Today I washed 3 bikes to get the grime off them, fixed a flat, fitted the skewer for the new to me Bob trailer and gave the Bob a paint job, aired up all the other tires, lubed the chains, adjusted the brakes and the bikes have not moved in over a month.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
:rolleyes: That is more work than I wan't to do in a day, Re tired old man. :D

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should be an incentive to ride more, trouble is I seem to have trouble staying healthy these days from one thing or another. At least things are looking up now.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Hope Murphy leaves you alone, you get healthy and get back out on the bike soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts