Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was over at my father's house this weekend when I spotted an old mountain bike begging for some love and attention. I fell for its sad puppy eyes!

I scooped it up, put it in my truck and headed to my LBS. I bought two tires and new brake lines. When I got home, all went well. I have a bit of trouble with the brake lines, but nothing major.

When everything was done and I was enjoying a cold brew with my father, both tires popped simultaneously. What are the odds? I wasn't even near it! I was so sad. I put her back where I found her. Bad dog!

This happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hilarious, Brian. You could have left a note on it like "Do not use. I suck bad."

I got so discouraged. I finished my beer and went home all sad-face style.

I figure I'll take the tubes out and back to the store they shall go. I didn't over inflate, I didn't under inflate. I didn't use any sharp objects, nothing! Stupid tubes...

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
check the rim liner or maybe the tubes got pinched putting the tires on. and don't go near my bike stay at least 20 miles away please.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
check the rim liner or maybe the tubes got pinched putting the tires on. and don't go near my bike stay at least 20 miles away please.
You make a good point. I should have checked inside the rim. This weekend when I tear her down to her frame, I will check the rims. I think I may sand her down and paint her to match my 4Runner. LOL!

She's nothing too special, or too nice... but I like her. I won't go near your bike.

or will I....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts