Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Kstate Gal
399 Posts
Dos_Ruedas said:
....did someone think aloud that the beer thread is gone? Where did it go?
I have been searching for a place to post all my latest news. But without the beer thread, I got nothing!! So here's what I've been up to: my dad turns eighty in August so the hubby is brewin up a batch or two for a big blow out we'll be having for him. Here is the label:

Attachments

·
Kstate Gal
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Sitting on back patio looking at this mess of a house. Of course- scotch in hand. Storm in May and just now getting new roof, new paint, windows, and garage door. Please God...let this chaos end soon.

Attachments

·
Kstate Gal
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Getting SO psyched for kick off tomorrow night and the christening of Bill Snyder Family Stadium expansion. This one seemed an appropriate nod to the occasion. EMAW!

Attachments

·
Kstate Gal
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
So I was in Kansas City last Friday and was told i had to stop in and check out Trader Joes. Wichitaheights apparently deprived of this place. I managed to pick up some awesome random cooking ingredients which I love to do...then made it over to the alcohol aisle. Cleverly placed as the last aisle of the store I might add. When I got there my heart started racing and I kept hearing- Ka-Ching Ka-Ching! So as I managed to contain my excitement, I ended up with a six pack of Mothers Sandy Hopped up Wheat, a bottle of Lambic Framboise and a bottle of chocolate stout. The kid hustling the shelves said to mis the two for a lovely night cap. How could I refuse the opinion of a nearly 22 year old stock boy :)

Attachments

·
Kstate Gal
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #409 ·
I know I'm a scotch girl, kind of a picky , snobby one at that. But I have a few whiskies I enjoy once in a while. Picked up a bottle of this the other day. One my brother and I often share together while at the lake- cause it's one the local liquor store carries. But I will tell you, it's just a really great whisky. And pretty dang cheap comparatively. (And that's not the whiskey talking as it's 6:30 am!). My recommendation of the week for what it's worth.

Bottle Liquid Bottle stopper & saver Fluid Glass bottle

Making my thoughts turn to this evening way too early!

Attachments

·
Kstate Gal
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #830 ·
I have to chuckle when the hottest thread on a Saturday night is the 5 o'clock somewhere. So telling. That being said- a nod to rye whiskey on st. Paddys day eve. Cheers.

·
Kstate Gal
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #880 ·
A glass of Ardmore single malt on the porch tonight.
Chilly but not too proud to cover up with a blanky to stay out here a little while longer. The weeks are too long not to enjoy a nice spring evening.

Attachments

·
Kstate Gal
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,252 ·
Just checkin' in. Haven't posted in a while. Had a quick ride tonight. But a PR on our little 15 mi route. Averaged 18.3 mph. Downed a coconut water then...a double. :)

Attachments

·
Kstate Gal
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,358 ·
What's the project?
Resurfacing my glass top table with salvaged sample mosaics. These things are so pretty and hard for me to toss honestly. And I get so many of them I my business. So I figured what the heck. I've always hated how quickly the glass top shows dirt. This project might be the death of me though. Very slow going gluing each tile individually.

Attachments

·
Kstate Gal
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,716 · (Edited)
It's 5 oclock somewhere the Beer (and more) thread II

Anyone ever try this? Hubby brought home and I'm anxious to try...just gotta finish off current bottle of makers before I tap this. It's made in Taiwan, so can't officially be called scotch. But a little info for anyone not in the scotch world, anything spelled whisky...not whiskey...is scotch not made in Scotland. :)

Cheers

·
Kstate Gal
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,717 ·
Anyone ever try this? Hubby brought home and I'm anxious to try...just gotta finish off current bottle of makers before I tap this. It's made in Taiwan, so can't officially be called scotch. But a little info for anyone not in the scotch world, anything spelled whisky...not whiskey...is scotch not made in Scotland. :)

Cheers

Bottle Drinking establishment Liquid Glass bottle Barware

Cheers

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts