Two Spoke Forums banner
8321 - 8340 of 8389 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,750 Posts
How did you manage to get ahold of ANYTHING from the Alchemist? I've never seen or heard of that but they do have a reputation ya know :D

Had to see what it was all about.
Same as Heady Topper, Focal Banger makes a strong case for drinking this beer directly from the can. ... Heady is a sweeter, fruitier beer with an unfinished, yeasty flavor that we've grown accustomed to with hazy IPAs. Focal Banger is a finished beer with a crisp, malty backbone and more traditional IPA bitterness

·
Two skinny J's
21,750 Posts
The kids and grandkids came down to spend the day with Nana to help celebrate her birthday. The "fellas" enjoyed some seriously heavy hitters this afternoon.

2021 World Wide Stout. Somewhere North of 15% ABV, aged in Sam Adams Utopia kegs.
Musical instrument Liquid Glass bottle Font Gas

Bottle Wine Drink Alcoholic beverage Liquid

Bottle Drinkware Wine Glass bottle Tableware

Tableware Drinkware Bottle Liquid Barware

Bottle Drinkware Barware Liquid Tableware

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
How did you manage to get ahold of ANYTHING from the Alchemist? I've never seen or heard of that but they do have a reputation ya know :D
Washington Beer Company in PA as traveling recently. I have a couple Heady Toppers too.
Date on the can said it was canned two days prior.

PA alcohol law changed a year or two ago and they’re living in good times despite COVID.

I could have bought two 4 packs of heady or four of the other, but I opted for two cans of each because I was there to get things I can’t get in my home state.

·
Two skinny J's
21,750 Posts
I find it somewhat interesting that you like this one. I’m only familiar with one of the hop types.

Piraat triple hop is a balanced, complex brew with defined hop character. Brouwerij Van Steenberge uses the famous Piraat ale as the base providing the brew with a full-bodied fruity flavor from the malt blended with dry characteristics derived from the high levels of alcohol. Then, four different hops are added into the brew three times during the brewing process (hence triple hop).

The hops pitched are saaz, tetra and aurora twice in the brew house and then cascade is used to dry hop. These four hop styles deliver a complex character, which stands up to the great name of Piraat.

Reactions: SprocketGirl

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts
I find it somewhat interesting that you like this one. I’m only familiar with one of the hop types.

Piraat triple hop is a balanced, complex brew with defined hop character. Brouwerij Van Steenberge uses the famous Piraat ale as the base providing the brew with a full-bodied fruity flavor from the malt blended with dry characteristics derived from the high levels of alcohol. Then, four different hops are added into the brew three times during the brewing process (hence triple hop).

The hops pitched are saaz, tetra and aurora twice in the brew house and then cascade is used to dry hop. These four hop styles deliver a complex character, which stands up to the great name of Piraat.
It is very Belgian and strangely doesn’t have a strong boozy taste. Usually high alcohol beers aren’t for me. As I don’t like them to be too much like spirits. This one has a lot going on but I like it.

8321 - 8340 of 8389 Posts