Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Outdoorholic.
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am often asked - "when is a good time to visit Japan"? - and I answer - "any time is a good time to visit Japan, but some times are better than others.
Winter in Japan, especially if you are in the north of Honshu or Hokkaido, is very cold, to say the least. Summer temperatures regularly reach 35c-to-40c and it swelters. In winter I can wear up to ten different items of clothing but, once out cycling, I sweat and arrive home soaking wet. In summer of course, as-little-as possible but, I need to take liters-and-liters of water - on a long outing, I can consume up to 10 liters. That's five bottles refilled (if I am lucky). Sometimes I set the alarm clock for 1am and head-out for a ride. Even then it can be 24c-to-28c, but it's a great feeling, sitting atop a mountain watching the city wake-up.
The difference in summer outdoor activities, between here and back home in N.Z. is that here it swelters where, back home, one burns and can do permanent damage.
Tomorrow a cooler day has been predicted. So, all going well, I hope to do a 'Tiki-Tour' of an area not far from where I live. My camera is all charged-up and hope to share some images with you tomorrow or the day after.
I hope all is well with with you all and having some great outdooe experiences.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,289 Posts
Cool, I have a tiki collection of sorts but from Hawaii, some made from lava, some from koa (IIRC) trees & some just pottery or glass but almost all from HI...........always eagerly await pics from afar. Enjoy the tour...........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.