Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guys I have a question.. Somebody of you had a jock itch from the heat and biking a lot? I have that and I was wonder if I can still cycling and if you have some good treatment. I'm using lamisil cream and lotrimin cream already from one week.. Still itching but looks the same to me. Please give me any advise, I already consulted a Dr, which he told me to take those cream..
Thank you so much.

Was it a dermatologist?

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
A dermatologist is a Doctor that handles skin condistions.

If it's a constant issue I would recommend seeing one.

They're are also over the counter creams you could try, but I don't know any off the top of my head.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
I am not a doctor or dermatologist so take my advice with a grain of salt. Any doctor you are seeing can prescribe a drug called Ketoconazole. This kills the fungus at the root and works great. Two tablets a day for one week and you are clear.
As with any drug therapy there may be some contraindications and this is why you should consult your doctor.

·
Two skinny J's
21,185 Posts
Over the counter gyne lotrimin if you can make yourself buy it :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
if you don't want to see a doctor, then go to your local pharmacy an speak to the pharmacist. they can be very helpful in aiding you in getting relief .
best of all the advice is free.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
DO NOT try any of the advice given until you see a doc. You could very easily make the situation worse.

Seems simple on the surface, and probably does have an easy solution. BUT do the right thing and let a dermatologist help you.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
He has already seen a doctor.

If I had health insurance with no deductible, I might see a doctor for jock itch. But I'd probably try over the counter remedies first.

I have a high deductible and would not consider seeing a doctor for this until I'd exhausted all other options.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
He has already seen a doctor.

If I had health insurance with no deductible, I might see a doctor for jock itch. But I'd probably try over the counter remedies first.

I have a high deductible and would not consider seeing a doctor for this until I'd exhausted all other options.
Pfft! $750 deductible, $3k out of pocket max. Last year, we hit our out of pocket max in February. The only bright side is not paying anything for a $25k visit to the ER in October.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Yeah, I paid that much last year also. Still trying to recover. Pay for a doctor to look at a rash on my taint? Ain't happening.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts