Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
Ya gota do the beet juice! Good for the blood :) Your title bated me into reading this :D

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Ya gota do the beet juice! Good for the blood :) Your title bated me into reading this :D
With all due respect, I think I could live the rest of my life and happily never try beet juice. I'm not a beet fan -- scarred from a childhood incident when I thought I was biting into a sweet candied apple ring and instead it was a beet! :eek: Quite an unexpected taste.

Seems like it would be fun to play around with different fruit juices though. I'm into big Korean/Asian pears -- would be good mixed with some blueberries.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Look up Dr Clyde Wilson and his views on juicing. His thoughts are that it doesn't help because by time you get the nutrients absorbed, they've already been broken down by the juicing process.

He said shakes are fine if the fruits/veggies are merely blended.

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
With all due respect, I think I could live the rest of my life and happily never try beet juice. I'm not a beet fan -- scarred from a childhood incident when I thought I was biting into a sweet candied apple ring and instead it was a beet! :eek: Quite an unexpected taste.

Seems like it would be fun to play around with different fruit juices though. I'm into big Korean/Asian pears -- would be good mixed with some blueberries.
Me either! I tried it and it was horrible. It was kinda meant as a joke for anyone who read my beet juice fiasco :D

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Me either! I tried it and it was horrible. It was kinda meant as a joke for anyone who read my beet juice fiasco :D
Yea like me! I even tried the stuff for cryin out loud!:hate:
I tried diluting it with Cranberry grape which is a pretty flavorful juice and it still overpowered it to the point of gagging me.:hate::hate:

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,502 Posts
Lol I'm vegetarian, who does support the smell of bacon.
I was at someone's house yesterday and they were cooking bacon. I said, "Ya just had to cook bacon now didn't ya? Bacon is vegetarian criptonite.".

Mean Green!

6 Kale Leaves
1 Cucumber
4 Celery Stalks
2 Green Apples
1/2 Lemon
1 piece of ginger

It is even better if you have like a Vitamixer and do it as a shake. I have tried that and it was like trying to drink a bucket of snot. I'm going to try it again by thinning it out with coconut water.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have the Acme Supreme Juicerator going on 25 plus years now. You could try carrot/apple/ginger, a little easy on the ginger.
Acme Supreme Juicerator sounds like something from a roadrunner & coyote cartoon. :) But that's great that it has lasted 25 years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts