Two Spoke Forums banner

Juicing

3K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  longjohn 
#1 ·
Hey, so I plan on buying a juicer this week, Any good juicing and energy filled recipes I must try?

Thanks!

#4 ·
Ya gota do the beet juice! Good for the blood :) Your title bated me into reading this :D

#8 ·
Ya gota do the beet juice! Good for the blood :) Your title bated me into reading this :D
With all due respect, I think I could live the rest of my life and happily never try beet juice. I'm not a beet fan -- scarred from a childhood incident when I thought I was biting into a sweet candied apple ring and instead it was a beet! :eek: Quite an unexpected taste.

Seems like it would be fun to play around with different fruit juices though. I'm into big Korean/Asian pears -- would be good mixed with some blueberries.

#9 ·
Look up Dr Clyde Wilson and his views on juicing. His thoughts are that it doesn't help because by time you get the nutrients absorbed, they've already been broken down by the juicing process.

He said shakes are fine if the fruits/veggies are merely blended.

#10 ·
With all due respect, I think I could live the rest of my life and happily never try beet juice. I'm not a beet fan -- scarred from a childhood incident when I thought I was biting into a sweet candied apple ring and instead it was a beet! :eek: Quite an unexpected taste.

Seems like it would be fun to play around with different fruit juices though. I'm into big Korean/Asian pears -- would be good mixed with some blueberries.
Me either! I tried it and it was horrible. It was kinda meant as a joke for anyone who read my beet juice fiasco :D

#11 ·
Me either! I tried it and it was horrible. It was kinda meant as a joke for anyone who read my beet juice fiasco :D
Yea like me! I even tried the stuff for cryin out loud!:hate:
I tried diluting it with Cranberry grape which is a pretty flavorful juice and it still overpowered it to the point of gagging me.:hate::hate:

#12 ·
Lol I'm vegetarian, who does support the smell of bacon.
I was at someone's house yesterday and they were cooking bacon. I said, "Ya just had to cook bacon now didn't ya? Bacon is vegetarian criptonite.".

Mean Green!

6 Kale Leaves
1 Cucumber
4 Celery Stalks
2 Green Apples
1/2 Lemon
1 piece of ginger

It is even better if you have like a Vitamixer and do it as a shake. I have tried that and it was like trying to drink a bucket of snot. I'm going to try it again by thinning it out with coconut water.

#14 ·
I have the Acme Supreme Juicerator going on 25 plus years now. You could try carrot/apple/ginger, a little easy on the ginger.
Acme Supreme Juicerator sounds like something from a roadrunner & coyote cartoon. :) But that's great that it has lasted 25 years.

#15 ·
Hello. I am thinking of buying a Juicer to do a Juices. Is the Omega a good juicer to try? Like the: VRT350W Juicer
I read some juicers leave some fiber but remove most of the pulp. Is there a juicer I can also have in my car that's good for transport?
I know there are low and high speed and vertical and horizontal juicers. Someone told me to blend the kale with water for juicing instead. What do you think of that?

#16 · (Edited)
Hello. I am thinking of buying a Juicer to do a Juices. Is the Omega a good juicer to try? Like the: VRT350W Juicer
I read some juicers leave some fiber but remove most of the pulp. Is there a juicer I can also have in my car that's good for transport? electric juicer for canning tomato juice
I know there are low and high speed and vertical and horizontal juicers. Someone told me to blend the kale with water for juicing instead. What do you think of that?
no such response.

#21 ·
Me likes meat too much but I love veggies and fruits too. I am a equal opportunity protein eater! As to juicer recipes, I am a boring straight forward orange or mainly tangerine lover. Tangy’s are sweetest and make the best pure juice. Drinking a citric juice with some Brazil nuts, pecans, cashews and hazelnuts is heaven…..add some aged Gouda with some pear preserves or fig preserves and I am in heaven!

#22 ·
Me likes meat too much but I love veggies and fruits too. I am a equal opportunity protein eater! As to juicer recipes, I am a boring straight forward orange or mainly tangerine lover. Tangy’s are sweetest and make the best pure juice. Drinking a citric juice with some Brazil nuts, pecans, cashews and hazelnuts is heaven…..add some aged Gouda with some pear preserves or fig preserves and I am in heaven!
You would probably like beef juice. It’s better tasting than beet juice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.