Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What better way to celebrate our independence than blowing up some Chinese fireworks? We also have plans to do some drinkin', grillin', and chillin'...

Attachments

·
Ridin Dirty
160 Posts
Nice!

I'm thinking about making at least one sparkler bomb! LOL

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Friends and neighbors will provide a lot more. This year is getting totally out of hand. Since it's a weekend long event for us, we've had to make sure we had enough supplies for all the people that will show up. While I'm doing ribs tomorrow, we've also got something like 100 hot dogs and buns for all the kids we expect to have, as well as about ten pounds of veggies, and an equal amount of fruit. Neighborly contributions include homemade ice cream and homemade root beer.

I really hope three bottles of rum will get us through this. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's probably about a third of what we ended up burning through last night. My neighbors contributed quite a bit as well. This year's turnout was 50-60 people. We finished up with a pancake breakfast in my driveway this morning.

·
Ridin Dirty
160 Posts
Yeah is was pretty tame this year!

Food, 3 cases of beer, 1 bottle of Jager and good friends!

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
That's probably about a third of what we ended up burning through last night. My neighbors contributed quite a bit as well. This year's turnout was 50-60 people. We finished up with a pancake breakfast in my driveway this morning.
So you guys were up all night?

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Yeah is was pretty tame this year!

Food, 3 cases of beer, 1 bottle of Jager and good friends!
Did you shoot them of from the base? I'm wondering how tolerant other cultures are towards Independence Day, and American holidays in general.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pancakes with fresh whipped cream and fresh strawberries, plus lots of bacon. I had the missus put up a pot of coffee, and we had breakfast.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We have four different fireworks warehouses 99 miles from my home. (Or three miles over the state line, if that sort of trivia matters to you) Each May, we make a department road trip under the guise of a "Team building exercise".

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Neat. In Texas it's stands only. Sometimes you can find them in Chinese markets, but you have to know where to look and be nice to the locals. I've found saying the least amount possible usually does the trick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts