Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good lord, amazing how fast time goes by!

May was insanely busy. For some reason in my family everyone was born in May so it's Holiday after Holiday then Memorial Day.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
When you retire :thumbsup: you will wonder :rolleyes: how you had time to go to work :eek: :D

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Crazy how fast this year has gone by! Definitely feeling like June here, though. Heat and humidity moving in to stay for a while.

June! But that can't be right. I'm getting married in June.
Congratulations, Hack! Is that what you were gonna brew that raspberry beer for? Did that turn out?

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Thanks. Never got around to brewing the beer, as we had way too much going on. I've been driving around with a case of empty bottles in my car for two months.

·
Registered
567 Posts
HEY Xela...Got an update for ya...

It's almost July.:D Think we can almost (I repeat..Almost), match the midwest's humidity out this away. Least when it hits it doesn't last for days on end. June went crazy fast.

·
12,350 Posts

It's almost July.:D Think we can almost (I repeat..Almost), match the midwest's humidity out this away. Least when it hits it doesn't last for days on end. June went crazy fast.
Here in the desert, we use swamp coolers to put some humidity into our air...

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts

Funny you responded to this when you did. I had just said to the guy I was riding with yesterday, "Where the crap did June go?!"

Here in the desert, we use swamp coolers to put some humidity into our air...
Well there you go, Flyingdog. We can package our humidity and sell it to areas like Hack's. The next bottled water.

·
Registered
567 Posts
:cool: Time to get the flag out and get ready for the 4th of July :D
No Doubt!:) But in this family the flag is out 24/7/365. But of coarse..July Fourth is the special day. 60% of our immediate & extended family are either currently active, inactive & retired military. Starting with the wife. Retired after 24 yrs. What is especially interesting to me is when the wife's military buddies (colonels, generals, non-coms) get together around this time of year for good food and war stories. Believe it or not, I never seem to tire of them. Just remember...whether you believe in our military or not, I truly believe if it weren't not for our history of conflict, we probably wouldn't be as we are now. Even though it seems not so great at times, things could diffidently be worse. Least you have the choice to choose.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RINqibpWOzQ[/ame]

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally hit 100 degrees yesterday. Went out for brief ride at sunset and it was still blistering hot. It was that hot wind too which I hate. You prepare for that nice breeze only for it to be steaming hot.

·
12,350 Posts
Finally hit 100 degrees yesterday. Went out for brief ride at sunset and it was still blistering hot. It was that hot wind too which I hate. You prepare for that nice breeze only for it to be steaming hot.
We can leave the 90+ temps and take our motorcycle up into the mountains, which still have snow. It's much cooler up there. Riding along the lake, or next to a sod farm also offers relief from the heat.

Sadly, there is no feasible option for cooler bicycling.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
We're allowed to light fireworks off 3 days before the 4th, through three days after. I told my wife that we should lay in supplies, as I expect to just drink, grill, and blow things up from Friday to Monday.
Have fun, take pics. I tell you I'm envious... but you knew that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts