Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed before and I think it's rule # 33 (Velominati) and here is Coach Fred's take ASK COACH FRED | Road Bike Rider
Just can't shave the guns... or maybe the minis :D

I'm fairly dedicated, kinda hardcore, but I just can't go there : I don't race other than spirited climbs up our little rollers and know sprints in group rides.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry if I seem a noob here, but I gotta ask..

SURELY the advantage can't be aero - that must be absolutely minimal.

Is it that is 'better' if you crash and hit the road? Somehow, I think I've heard that somwhere..

Not that I would.. Ever..

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've done the hairless thing (though not by choice) and after a few month of that I had my fill, No way I'm shaving arms or legs, heck I don't even shave my face.
I did used to shave up to my mid calf when I skied because it was much more comfortable when wearing long socks for hours on end but I see no point in shaving to bike.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
My biggest issue with shaving the legs is... How far up the leg before you stop shaving? No way I'm shaving everything. I can imagine my wife pointing and laughing if she caught me with a bikini line.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hmmmm, I have been riding my roadie for a year and a half now. When I first started riding, I said I would NEVER buy padded spandex shorts..... but I did and liked them. Then I said I would NEVER buy a jersey...... but I did and liked them. Then I said I would NEVER shave my legs.......... and I am still sticking by it. No way, I have to draw the line somewhere. :)

·
Two skinny J's
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmmm, I have been riding my roadie for a year and a half now. When I first started riding, I said I would NEVER buy padded spandex shorts..... but I did and liked them. Then I said I would NEVER buy a jersey...... but I did and liked them. Then I said I would NEVER shave my legs.......... and I am still sticking by it. No way, I have to draw the line somewhere. :)
lol, well put frankie!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I have said no to all of the above... at one point. At least with winter on its way I don't have to think about it for a while.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Easy there gurl, I know I might have stepped on your wing and messed it up a little, but please don't continue on your broom stick and go hating on me! :) No harm intended.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts