Just came from BF couldn't sign on

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JTGYK, Dec 6, 2009.

1. JTGYK

JTGYK New Member

Tried to sign on at BF and got weird messages about teir compression being incompatable....:eek:

Googled and found this forum, and here I am, at yet another cycling forum.
    It looks more like the forum I was use to.

2. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Welcome....I think you will like twospoke. Real good people on this forum.

What do you ride and Where?

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

All this site can offer is friendly cyclists, a stable platform, and minimal advertising. ;)

4. JTGYK

JTGYK New Member

Cool! BF was starting to have lots of personal attacks and misbehavior.
    It's like people over there are losing their sense of humor and taking everything waaaay to seriously.

5. Industry_Hack

Starting? No, that's old news. Although as it gets colder, and folks spend more time inside and less time on their bikes, they get crankier.

6. Doohickie

Doohickie Older than Hack

There are several BF refugees here.

7. Industry_Hack

With good reason. It's not that I'm totally opposed to IB owning the site. What bugs me is that they make so much in advertising, yet with all their resources, they can't keep the site working any better than Joe did on a shoestring budget. And while Joe had plenty of cyclists helping him out, IB has 9-5 office staff overseeing the site. Those people (Justine is a good example) know nothing about the site, haven't got a clue about cyclists in general, and don't seem to comprehend that the internet is on 24/7/365.

8. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

^ [​IMG] ^ Yes there are - I'm another one. Welcome aboard.

9. Industry_Hack

Yeah, but you were also part of the failsite - TCP. Thank you for sticking around that sinking ship for as long as you did.

10. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

Believe it or not, that forum is still up and running, but quite a ghost town now. The 'powers that be' haven't pulled the plug there yet.

11. Industry_Hack

It's going to stay up, but there are no posting privileges. They hope that it will somehow magically get indexed by Google.

12. skijor

skijor New Member

It's too bad because there are plenty of good people on BF yet. I still visit but stumbled onto 2S via google yesterday. Hopefully 2S will accumulate the wealth of knowledge and tips that BF did. It really depends on what subforum you're referring to. The level of tolerance/friendliness/welcoming varies quite a bit...mods' tolerance varies greatly.

13. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

This is good insight. Crankier. I used to read that other forum and was going to join when they changed the format. Even with my young eyes I found it tough to peep for long. Very awkward and dodgy way to post a forum.