Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like during my stint trying to get into the Tour, and doing my imitation of crashing like they did, I think I have fractured a wrist. Waiting now on the x ray results, but expect to be splinted if not in a cast soon. At least it isn't 110, but it poses the question. With all the talk about the rules lately, is riding with the cast permitted??

Ok in my case it really doesn't matter. Busting one more isn't such a big deal, and for the new guys and gals out there, let me introduce myself. Hello. My name is Mark. And I am a Fred.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
Looks like during my stint trying to get into the Tour, and doing my imitation of crashing like they did, I think I have fractured a wrist. Waiting now on the x ray results, but expect to be splinted if not in a cast soon. At least it isn't 110, but it poses the question. With all the talk about the rules lately, is riding with the cast permitted??
See Rule #5 then get back on your bike and ride.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well there was good news and bad news today. The good news is no cast or splint needed. The official word was a sprain, maybe with some very minor tendon or ligament damage in what he called the triangle. Its the area where the radius and ulna and the hand all come together. The bad news is that it may take another 2 to 3 months for everything to heal. With a twist shift on the semi recumbent, its the twisting motion that is a pain. Got a script for an NSAID to help with both the inflamation and pain, but I am hesitant to put stress on an injured joint while on a pain killer. Good way to make it worse and not feel it.

Going to drag out the neglected Fuji Newest out tomorrow and get her washed, cleaned up and everything cleaned and lubed. Not sure I can handle that either. There is more weight on the wrists, but not rotational forces because shifters on the brake handles and my fingers move fine. Can the wrists take it?? I will find out. Definitely will not be riding at night till I fully heal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts