Just finished new bike!

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by infinitemass, Aug 6, 2010.

1. infinitemass

infinitemass New Member

After 18 years on the same bike I thought I`d better get into this century. Being on a tight budget and looking for the best bang for the buck, I went with the Gavin Acele. 105/tiagra/housebrand groupset. Jagwire cables. San Marco seat. Carbon fork with bar, stem and headset from brands I never heard of. Not crazy about the R-500 rims but we`ll see.
    Going out for first ride in morning.

Attached Files:

2. infinitemass

infinitemass New Member

Hundred mile update:
    So far pretty impressed. Couple changes for sure. The seat was really not for me. Put my old Specialized one on. Also need to switch the seat post out for a 0 degree offset one to get my knees over the pedal spindles.

Not having to reach to the downtube to shift is AWESOME! Not sure why I waited so long for that.

Definitely faster than my old Trek but does`nt seem to jump into a sprint like it did. It`s an inch and a half longer which is a bit more comfortable than the old bike.

The brakes are no where near as strong as my old 105s but not bad.

3. retromike3

retromike3 retromike3

neet bike. Iphone rig?

Is that a Iphone mount I see? For me I acutely got a bicycle computer that has cadence.If I want to track my ride I just turn on my bicycle app and put it in my messenger bag. You see, I like to ride with full finger gloves and It makes it tuff to operate it. plus after awhile the thing turns itself off to save power. It uses about a percentage a mile in GPS mode at the slow motion way I ride.

Neat bike. Did you keep your old one? Its nice to have a bike you can leave in front of some place and be assured that it will still be there when you get back. One can never have too many bicycles. ;)

4. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

The bike realy looks good, I hope it rides as good as it looks, for you :thumbsup: :D

5. infinitemass

infinitemass New Member

I know its geeky but I use my iphone for just about everything. I did keep my old bike. Will probably put a set of flat pedals on and use it to run errands.

6. infinitemass

infinitemass New Member

Thanks! Rode out to Waretown from Toms River yesterday and it was quite a bit smoother than the old girl.

7. tomk

tomk Member

Nice bike! Can you provide details of your iPhone mount and which app you use?

Enjoy!

8. infinitemass

infinitemass New Member

Mount is by RAM Mounts Part Details

App is called Cycling log. Nothin fancy but it does have a cool feature that emails your work out as a spreadsheet.

9. Gandalfe

Gandalfe '57 Schwinn Wasp

You use brakes? :rolleyes:

10. infinitemass

infinitemass New Member

Gotta let the rest of the group catch up somehow;)