Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 18 years on the same bike I thought I`d better get into this century. Being on a tight budget and looking for the best bang for the buck, I went with the Gavin Acele. 105/tiagra/housebrand groupset. Jagwire cables. San Marco seat. Carbon fork with bar, stem and headset from brands I never heard of. Not crazy about the R-500 rims but we`ll see.
Going out for first ride in morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hundred mile update:
So far pretty impressed. Couple changes for sure. The seat was really not for me. Put my old Specialized one on. Also need to switch the seat post out for a 0 degree offset one to get my knees over the pedal spindles.

Not having to reach to the downtube to shift is AWESOME! Not sure why I waited so long for that.

Definitely faster than my old Trek but does`nt seem to jump into a sprint like it did. It`s an inch and a half longer which is a bit more comfortable than the old bike.

The brakes are no where near as strong as my old 105s but not bad.

·
retromike3
274 Posts
neet bike. Iphone rig?

Is that a Iphone mount I see? For me I acutely got a bicycle computer that has cadence.If I want to track my ride I just turn on my bicycle app and put it in my messenger bag. You see, I like to ride with full finger gloves and It makes it tuff to operate it. plus after awhile the thing turns itself off to save power. It uses about a percentage a mile in GPS mode at the slow motion way I ride.

Neat bike. Did you keep your old one? Its nice to have a bike you can leave in front of some place and be assured that it will still be there when you get back. One can never have too many bicycles. ;)

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
The bike realy looks good, I hope it rides as good as it looks, for you :thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that a Iphone mount I see? For me I acutely got a bicycle computer that has cadence.If I want to track my ride I just turn on my bicycle app and put it in my messenger bag. You see, I like to ride with full finger gloves and It makes it tuff to operate it. plus after awhile the thing turns itself off to save power. It uses about a percentage a mile in GPS mode at the slow motion way I ride.

Neat bike. Did you keep your old one? Its nice to have a bike you can leave in front of some place and be assured that it will still be there when you get back. One can never have too many bicycles. ;)
I know its geeky but I use my iphone for just about everything. I did keep my old bike. Will probably put a set of flat pedals on and use it to run errands.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts