Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier in the year when it was cold and dark outside I was considering my athletic goals for the year and one thing that really appealed to me was to do a Sprint Triathlon. Sprints don't seem to be that hard. I already occasionally run a 5k and can do so without any additional training. I'm pretty sure I can ride my bike 20 miles. It's the swimming that gets me. It's 1/4 mile further than I like to swim. How far is the swim? 1/4 of mile.

Anyway, a back injury in January pretty much put an end to that idea for the year. So an hour or so ago I get and email from a buddy that I occasionally ride with and he says, "Guess what I signed up for last night? A sprint Tri. You really need to do it with me." <sigh> I'm never going to hear the end of it from him. It's sometime in August. I may do it on a whim, I may not. Who knows...

·
Two skinny J's
21,183 Posts
VERY COOL! Closest I will come will be the Warrior Dash in October! Better start doing some swim training hu?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Git er Done :D Need a couple teeth missing in that emoticon for better effect ;)

I'm with ya on the swimming part. Been a LOOOOOOng time since I have done any distance swimming. I used to be like a fish though so maybe it would come back to me. Anyway, good luck bro!

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Well it's time to dive into some effective training. 1/4 mile = 44 laps of my pool I think I would need fins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts