Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I'm sure at some point I will quit doing so, but for now I have logged every ride I've made since I started riding again back in mid March. Personally I use an app on my phone to log the details, but that's a nice spreadsheet.

I like being about to see my improvements and not having to guess whether I'm doing better or not.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Poolie, what app do you use? I've used a couple free ones for the iPhone. I keep a separate spreadsheet because I use different apps, and they sometimes end up crashing. Plus I want to have a backup. Hopefully by fall I will have a pretty nice review of most of the apps.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Used CardioTrainer for about 6 months which is for managing weight loss, exercise, and food tracking. I ride enough now that I don't have to worry about the weight :) so switched over to endomondo because I like their web interface.

I've got an Android phone, but I believe both of these are also on the iPhone.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
One last question: How do those apps affect your battery? I have an iPhone 3 and most GPS tracking apps like that really put a dent on my battery life. I think my phone would die after about an hour and a half.
Yeah, it hits the battery more than normal, but I've used it on a 4 1/2 hour ride and it took less than half my battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts